Well, I may merrily mock (and mostly rightly) my amateurish country's attempts to get anything right but I must confess: Danny Boyle and everyone else who helped with the opening ceremony: that was fucking awesome!
Nighty night (actually well into the early morning). Let the real sports begin!
7 comments:
The bits I was able to catch on online video were impressive, fun.
I only caught the second half, but Emily recorded it, so we'll watch the beginning today. The big baby was creepy, but the rest was impressive—good job!!
Thank you, Ms.M. It was great fun all round and - shock, horror - actually made me proud to be British for the first time in about fifty-three years.
The first hour was the best bit, so you've got a treat to come, Robyn. This morning a Tory MP called it "leftie, multicultural rubbish" and said it was more left wing than the Chinese Communists had managed. Hahahahahahahahaha!
Result!
I'd love to have seen Mitt Romney's face (he's having a complete fiasco of a fundraising tour here this week, with everybody hating and mocking him) when there was a whole section dedicated to praising the National Health Service.
Hoorah!
I went to see some racing at the Speedway yesterday afternoon, with the last race ending a bit after 7 pm, so I didn't get to see the first hour or so of the ceremonies. (the TV network began its telecast at 7:30, 'way past you bedtime, I guess, considering the 5-hour time difference). From what I can see of the news pictures, I missed a terrific show.
The first hour was the best, Speedway; try to watch it online if you can.
Yay for racing at that wonderful track they named after you!
Agreed. Loved NHS tribute and Voldemort defeated by Mary Poppins and Paul McCartney.
Hoorah for the NHS and Mary Poppins! Of course, Mary holds a very dear place in this nation's heart, thanks mostly to Dick van Dyke's astonishing comedy Cockney accent. It's still one of the funniest things in movie history.
Post a Comment