Ack! The Earth is tipping! The Earth is tipping! Around here, I can see a few of the trees have gotten tired and leaves are wilting. Some are yellow. In some places, one half of a tree will turn red, leaving the other side green. I suppose it has something to do with temps and effects of the sun, but I love to see it.
The MITM is right! Next time we get across the pond, we need to get out of London and see the rest of the country! Your pictures are always so tempting, even when it snows! ;) xoxoxoxo
Trees are weird when they do that two-tone thing, Speedway. The chestnut in the photo has a split personality; one half likes Summer, the other half can't wait to get naked and roll in the snow.
Savannah, it was lovely and sunny today. You are not guaranteed rain and snow when you come over. xoxoxoxo
Robyn, your post is perfect. Wonderful poetry and a fabulous sunset over the Indians' game.
Very picturesque, and it's like we're back in time. I love how fall brings multicolored leaves on the same tree. The half-n-half tree is interesting; I wonder if there's something with wind currents or the soil that causes it to do that?
WV: oringe - A cringing shade of color of leaves on trees that aren't ready to let go of summer.
10 comments:
Ack! The Earth is tipping! The Earth is tipping! Around here, I can see a few of the trees have gotten tired and leaves are wilting. Some are yellow. In some places, one half of a tree will turn red, leaving the other side green. I suppose it has something to do with temps and effects of the sun, but I love to see it.
The MITM is right! Next time we get across the pond, we need to get out of London and see the rest of the country! Your pictures are always so tempting, even when it snows! ;) xoxoxoxo
I wrote a similar post today, only without the beautiful fallish photo.
Pretty.
Trees are weird when they do that two-tone thing, Speedway. The chestnut in the photo has a split personality; one half likes Summer, the other half can't wait to get naked and roll in the snow.
Savannah, it was lovely and sunny today. You are not guaranteed rain and snow when you come over.
xoxoxoxo
Robyn, your post is perfect. Wonderful poetry and a fabulous sunset over the Indians' game.
Very picturesque, and it's like we're back in time.
I love how fall brings multicolored leaves on the same tree. The half-n-half tree is interesting; I wonder if there's something with wind currents or the soil that causes it to do that?
WV: oringe - A cringing shade of color of leaves on trees that aren't ready to let go of summer.
Hee hee for "oringe" Ms.M.
Yes, we're definitely back in time with this window: sometime around 1150.
A real gem of a photo Dive. You have taken photo framing to the next level. This photo would sell.
Thanks, Mark. I couldn't go far wrong framing the window as it kind of framed itself.
Do you mind if I like this better than the Chihuly? Plus you don't need my comment there, you have too many comments there already. I'm too late.
But I love this. I want to be there.
Petrea, this place is way out in the middle of nowhere but it's free and it's beautiful. Add it to your England Trip Wish List.
Post a Comment