Tomorrow, sometime ridiculously early in the morning, we're heading off to Goodwood for our annual wallow in the Revival Meeting.
Come along with us. Raid the murky depths of your wardrobe and cozzie up with Camp Old Dive.
It's great fun and and it's all done in the best possible taste …
… er …
or maybe not.
As you can see, some gels don't have it and some gels do …
… in spades.
There will be cars …
… bikes …
… mischievous little scamps …
Picnics (and profiterole peegs)
… a very happy Phil …
… and a glorious weekend's racing.
Toodle pip! See you when we get back.










11 comments:
Hey, who's that spiffy looking mechanic with the cool cap?
Have a fun weekend, Dive, and bring back lots of pictures.
You and your brother both look happy as Christmas in your coveralls. Don't get any drool on them.
Er, that would be Phil, Robyn.
My camera is empty and the battery is fully charged so prepare for lots of the usual crap when I get back.
Speedway, drool is not the problem; we come home stinking of hot rubber and burning motor oil; the overalls go straight in the wash and I go straight into the shower to try and un-sticky my hair before bed.
But then you know all that already, being a Speedway gal!
You both look quite "sporting" and exuberant! Have a great time! Looking forward to your pics when you get back.
Thanks, Ms.M. I'm now off out the door. Sheesh! How the hell did I manage to wake up this early every morning for ten years? I'm so glad I no longer have to commute to London.
Ooh, the smells of hot rubber and burning oil is an elixir, isn't it? A strangely seductive perfume. After being at the Speedway, I come home covered in little bits of rubber stuck in SPF 30/50 sunscreen, little blacks motes on my clothes.
The small of oil, however, is sort of gone because these cars are new and any oil "misbehavior" generally is a serious wound for the car. There haven't been any engine failures for years.
Can't wait to see the new pics and hear about this year's adventures! :) I hope you and Phil wear the dresses this year to mix it up! heehaw
You are so amazingly hot in that white jumpsuit!
I could take you to the Baltimore "Hon-Fest".
An elixir indeed, Speedway. I LOVED hanging around the pits this year, inhaling deeply as the mechanics tuned the engines and the cars spat great clouds of blues smoke at me. My hair was so icky and sticky when I got home I had to head straight for the shower. You'll have to get into vintage motor racing because that smell of burning oil (and the sight of engines blowing up) is addictive.
Shen, we only saw one guy in a dress. Folk at Goodwood tend to take the dressing up very seriously. It was a rainy weekend (mostly) this time around so not so many fab frocks (all hidden under coats) but I managed to capture a few, which I'll post later.
Neetzy, you are so amazingly funny. Hahahahahaha. If ever I'm in Baltimore I'll be sure to wear my overalls.
I like your outfit, Dive. Please don't let me forget I have an old car pic to post for you.
I'm glad you had fun.
Cool, Petrea. If it's as good as your pretty little red Corvette photos I can't wait to see it.
Post a Comment