Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Little Over-compensation, Perhaps?

8 comments:

Speedway said...

WTF? That reminds me of the berry bog tractor I saw at the Fair last August, but it was one of a kind. This seems, well, conjoined. What is it meant to do?

dive said...

I think it's meant to say "Hey! The farmer's hung like a cashew."

Speedway said...

Hokay -- put my Google and YouTube hat on and came up with

http://youtu.be/j4ll6T1is3c

dive said...

The Queen of Research hits another bulls-eye. I don't know how you do it, but I'm not overlooking the possibility of genius.

Speedway said...

Thank you, but compared to you I'm certain I come in on the low end of the genius scale -- I know I do. If I were to tell you, it'd seem too much like presenting myself as something I'm not. Anyway, I looked at the picture, thought about what features the tractor has that I understood, then entered dual-drive, "dual engine 4-wheel tractor" for my search.

I did not enter "blue"

Maria said...

Perhaps...but that shade of blue is kind of.....stirring.

I wouldn't mind having some sheets of that shade. But, not the tractor. Nope. I grew up with John Deere and am well acquainted with them. Ours were always green, though. Always.

Bing could not believe that I knew how to work a tractor, so I showed her the last time we went to visit my sisters in the town I grew up in in Iowa. She was duly impressed. We even have a photo of me. She threatens to put it in our Christmas card every year....

Ms M said...

That's some tractor! Perhaps they used it when they had a "tough row (or 2) to plow"?

dive said...

Speedway, I would never have thought of that. My own reaction was limited to "Oooh, looky!"

Maria, yay for tractor driving. I'd love to see that photo.
And you're right: sheets that colour would be nice.

Absolutely, Ms.M. By the look of Speedway's video they use them on clay soils which are a bugger to plough.