Sunday, August 07, 2011

Stained Glass Sunday - Notre Dame

15 comments:

dive said...

You can't go wring with stained glass and the light it throws onto walls.

Alifan said...

wring?

dive said...

Yup … wring. It's "wrong" spelled wrong. I'm having a dumb day.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

You are a master of this shot. I have some with the stained-glass shadows and do seek them out. This one is a stunner!

(just corrected a typo as your mum is quite precise -- love it!)

Bises,
Genie

dive said...

There are so many wonderful photo opportunities inside (and outside) Notre Dame, Genie … as you know yourself. Very late in the afternoon is the best time for this type of shot (note the almost horizontal shadows).
Mum and me have been engaged in an ongoing proof-reading war for decades. It's fun.

Petrea Burchard said...

That's absolutely beautiful. I know I'm write about that.

dive said...

You're not wring, Petrea.

Speedway said...

Dive, it's bee-yooteeful, no matter how you spell it - and I know I'm Wright.

dive said...

Hee hee, Ms. Wright, you certainly are.

Robyn Martins said...

I LOVE that your mother corrected your typing. Serves you right for the lip you've given her.

Having said that, I also LOVE Notre Dame, and this image is gorgeous.

Ms M said...

This is simply glorious!

It would be an awesome experience to view this while they were wringing the bells ;)

Speedway said...

Dive, what hath you wrought with your wring? Now the bells have had their clappers wrung into twisted tintinnabulation by Ms. M! :-o Ooooh, poor bells, to suffer such a wong to their wring.

neetzy said...

I am awed by the reflections but what is that cartoonish altarpiece blue and gold thing behind the candles?

Alifan said...

OK thanks for the spelling 'B' ha ha, it is because I was a proof reader in my youth,and nowadays Dive is always picking me up for bad spelling and grammar..

But he is a clever lad with the camera! no idea where he gets his memory for all the facts and figures he knows from ..as I seem to be losing mine!

dive said...

You've met mum. Robyn, so you know what we're like together. Yes, we had a fun phone call after that one.

Hahaha Ms.M. I'm never going to live this one down, am I?

The bells … the bells …
Thank you, Speedway. I am wringing my hands in shame.

Neetzy, that's a cartoonish altarpiece blue and gold thing. Your description is as good as anything I can come up with.

Mum, my memory is as leaky as yours, but I store it in all those books you keep telling me to stop buying.