Looking at my blogger following list, I got Saturday Statuary and Stained Glass Sunday mixed up, so when I saw Cromer I assume it would be 'Enery Blogg. But no, this is much more picturesque! A great piece of work.
I was wondering how long and painstakingly the artist had to work at cutting out the splashy bits. That must've been a real adventure in the use of cutting wheel and snips
Unbelievable! I work with hot glass because I have not enough patience for this and certainly not enough skill! The horizontal lines of the sky, the intricate cuts to make the rigging, and the precision of the waves... all fabulous!
Speedway, some of those shapes would have involved a lot of swearing and waste glass; there's some real tricky pieces in there.
Hi, Todd! Hey, we've got a 500 Words assignment on the go at the moment if you can find the time to join in. Good to see you again.
Ms.M, it's not the museum but the lifeboat station at the end of Cromer Pier. The lifeboats get launched from there down a precipitous slope into the raging waves. It's quite a spectacle. The whole place is filled with mahogany panels with the names of old lifeboatmen painted in gold. Heroes every one. It's a wonderful place to visit (and has a great shop where you can get boffo stuff in exchange for funding the lifeboat).
Genie, it is indeed a marvellous and deceptively difficult window.
14 comments:
Looking at my blogger following list, I got Saturday Statuary and Stained Glass Sunday mixed up, so when I saw Cromer I assume it would be 'Enery Blogg. But no, this is much more picturesque! A great piece of work.
Not as good as yours but there are some pretty tricky shapes in there and some nice leadwork. Any idea who did it?
Good Pea.. but agree with Dive your work is great.. I sit here looking at my lamp and my lovely window... thanks to you both..
Mum, one day I'm going to have to take you to the stained glass museum in Ely Cathedral.
I was wondering how long and painstakingly the artist had to work at cutting out the splashy bits. That must've been a real adventure in the use of cutting wheel and snips
This is amazing. Glad I stopped by to wave at my friends and say hello. Oh, and love the layout you've updated here, dive.
Cheers!
What a fine work of stained glass! The Cromer Museum looks like an interesting place to visit.
Unbelievable! I work with hot glass because I have not enough patience for this and certainly not enough skill! The horizontal lines of the sky, the intricate cuts to make the rigging, and the precision of the waves... all fabulous!
bises,
genie
But where's Tintin? :-)
Speedway, some of those shapes would have involved a lot of swearing and waste glass; there's some real tricky pieces in there.
Hi, Todd! Hey, we've got a 500 Words assignment on the go at the moment if you can find the time to join in. Good to see you again.
Ms.M, it's not the museum but the lifeboat station at the end of Cromer Pier. The lifeboats get launched from there down a precipitous slope into the raging waves. It's quite a spectacle. The whole place is filled with mahogany panels with the names of old lifeboatmen painted in gold. Heroes every one. It's a wonderful place to visit (and has a great shop where you can get boffo stuff in exchange for funding the lifeboat).
Genie, it is indeed a marvellous and deceptively difficult window.
Lucio: Hee hee!
I love the waves!
Spiffy, aren't they?
Wow, is this an original? I've never been a fan of stained glass, especially those with squarish patterns. But this looks very fluid.
Raphael Jeanfrancois
Yes, it is, Raphael. This one in particular has some very skilful cutting and leadwork, especially in the sea section.
Post a Comment