That is an interesting juxtaposition (symbolically) between the statue and the poster (which is probably why they did it). Looks like the 2 onlookers were taken by it....
On another note: Does the torch bearer facing us look bored? I mean, how long has she been "carrying" the torch? :-)
A wonderful juxtaposition, Ms.M. I started to write a ranty post about corporate collusion with the military junta in Rangoon but when I found my draft notes already way over 1,000 words long I decided to give it a rest and let the photo speak for itself.
I think the torch bearer is merely suffering from an aching shoulder. How could anyone be bored sitting and watching the comings and goings on Place de République?
True -- that is certainly a busy place. It could be that she just has an aching shoulder. Maybe she'd like a frifi for some background music (and a little ibuprofen).
5 comments:
That is an interesting juxtaposition (symbolically) between the statue and the poster (which is probably why they did it). Looks like the 2 onlookers were taken by it....
On another note: Does the torch bearer facing us look bored? I mean, how long has she been "carrying" the torch? :-)
A wonderful juxtaposition, Ms.M.
I started to write a ranty post about corporate collusion with the military junta in Rangoon but when I found my draft notes already way over 1,000 words long I decided to give it a rest and let the photo speak for itself.
I think the torch bearer is merely suffering from an aching shoulder. How could anyone be bored sitting and watching the comings and goings on Place de République?
True -- that is certainly a busy place. It could be that she just has an aching shoulder. Maybe she'd like a frifi for some background music (and a little ibuprofen).
"Libetre, egalite, fraternite, l'arthrose"?
Maybe if she just traded off the torch for the few twigs the other lady is holding?
Ms.M. I'd offer her a back rub but she'd probably just whack me with her torch.
Speedway, they do seem to be offering those things for sale. Perhaps I'll put in a bid next time I'm there.
Post a Comment