Hee hee. Ew, I tried that stuff once. It's as far from wine as Coke is. It tasted like someone had watered down a bottle of cheap cooking sherry and added a bucket of sugar to it. And those wafers? They sure ain't artisan patisserie bread.
Aw, too bad about the wine, Dive. The last bit I had was excellent -- and blood red, beautifully clear in the silver chalice. I knew I wasn't a believer when I was noticing that rather than being immersed in the symbolism. I was 16.
I think you're right about the cue card, Speedway. I'd probably convert to Catholicism if they provided a nice glass of Barolo and a healthy chunk of fresh-baked artisan baguette at communion. Oh and if they stopped raping children.
Ms.M. Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave actually lives a few miles from here (the very wonderful Neil Innes, the Pythons' music man). I did a barn conversion for his mum many years back and Steve (my long-time bassist) now owns and uses Neil's old studio mixing desk, the very one on which "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" was recorded. We do have a lot of refun with it.
10 comments:
Too much altar wine ... again? :-)
Hee hee.
Ew, I tried that stuff once. It's as far from wine as Coke is. It tasted like someone had watered down a bottle of cheap cooking sherry and added a bucket of sugar to it.
And those wafers? They sure ain't artisan patisserie bread.
Early cue cards?
Aw, too bad about the wine, Dive. The last bit I had was excellent -- and blood red, beautifully clear in the silver chalice. I knew I wasn't a believer when I was noticing that rather than being immersed in the symbolism. I was 16.
I think you're right about the cue card, Speedway.
I'd probably convert to Catholicism if they provided a nice glass of Barolo and a healthy chunk of fresh-baked artisan baguette at communion. Oh and if they stopped raping children.
That's an early latin translation of The Parrot Sketch isn't it?
It reminded me more of the chanting monks from Holy Grail.
Could it be a version of the ballad of Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave?
WV: refun: as in reusable fun, or it could be used in an exchange of fun?
Ms.M. Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave actually lives a few miles from here (the very wonderful Neil Innes, the Pythons' music man). I did a barn conversion for his mum many years back and Steve (my long-time bassist) now owns and uses Neil's old studio mixing desk, the very one on which "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" was recorded. We do have a lot of refun with it.
I love how you bring in bits of local history like this. We (re)watched The Life of Brian just a couple of months ago.
I AM a piece of local history, Ms. M. Hee hee.
Post a Comment