You have reached the voicemail of Small Glass Planet.
Old Dive is currently running around the office like a headless chicken with the coop on fire.
Please leave a message after the beep and he will get back to you as soon as he can find his head.
BEEP …
21 comments:
Hi. It's me. I don't really have anything to say. I'm calling from the train. Can you believe it? [gum pop] God, I love cell phones. I can't live without 'em, but I don't have much of a signal in here. This service sucks. Are you there? Are you there? OK [pop] Call me back when you can. [pop]
Oh, hee, hee and hee again, Robyn.
How was your Japanese exam?
A breeze, thank you Lupine Lady.
This is Katherine Gotthardt. I'm trying to reach Dive about his subscription to "Raunchy Articles about Colleagues." Please call me at your earliest convenience at 666-999-6666. Thank you.
Hee hee, Katherine.
I shall be renewing my subscription to that one, please.
i'll bet you have an answering machine that uses a small cassette tape. am i right, sugar? xoxoxo
(still laughing @ robyn's message!)
Savannah, I don't have any kind of answering machine. The very thought fills me with the creeping horrors.
Telephones are the spawn of Satan and I hate them with a vengeance.
My home phone lives in the bottom of the vegetable rack with a cushion over it and when I am not working from home the ringer is set to "MUTE".
If it's not worth coming round and chatting with me face to face over a nice cuppa, then it's probably not worth saying in the first place; in which case I really don't want to hear it.
Telephones … Gack!
Hee hee.
xoxoxo
As they say, life is a circus and sometimes you're the geek, and sometimes you're the headless chicken. Here's to a less frantic weekend!
*duh* i just remembered that you keep your phone in the veg bin! of course, you don't have an answering machine. it's the head cold i have, sugar...i can't remember even the most basic of things. ;) xoxoxoxo
Wow, Katie! A headless chicken act! That's my kinda circus.
Hee hee.
And hee hee to you, too, Savannah. Yes, the phone still lives in the veggie rack. If I didn't need it for work it would live outside, buried in a hole at the bottom of the garden.
xoxoxox
So,wait and see.
I'm waiting, but I can't see anything yet, Anonymous.
Hee hee.
It's T. And I'm not drunk. Well, maybe just a little drunk. But not that drunk.
Oh crap. The cat's walking around with my bra on her head. Gotta go.
Tonight,Terroni has a cat with sex
appeal
Anonymous, you're funny.
Beep. Beep. Beep. Goddammit, I never know what to say to these machines. Blame it on the heat. My mind has taken a vacation. Anyway, it's just me. Another headless chook.
Hi, it's me. You recognize that Nebraska twang, dontcha? Boy howdy, it is cold as a witch's tit here on the prairie. I'm off to read Liv a bedtime story and since Bing is away at a gig tonight, I just might haul out the stuff to make an apple martini later. I promise not to call you when I'm drunk, though. I only call Terroni when I'm stinkin' drunk. We sort of have an agreement.
So, hey...have a good weekend and maybe you could post a recipe something easy? It's my turn to cook this weekend and I think we are sick of scrambled eggs and cocoa puffs. Thanks, dude. Ok..gotta run. Toodle pip and all that.
Headless snowman?
Hi, T!
Yay for your cat (boy howdy, that took so much will power not to say "pussy" … oops, too late).
Sounds like you're having a great evening there.
Anonymous. Hee hee!
Mme: I hate those machines, too. I usually just hang up.
Maria: There will be a recipe post next weekend. I bought a new pan and have made sure all the ingredients will be fresh in next Saturday morning.
Dammit! I wish I were off watching Bing play. Hey ho.
Petrea: Humans are lucky in that men just roll over and go to sleep after sex; with snowmen the heads fall off. Tragic but true.
Was that, like, a "beep" BEEP, or, you know, a "go on, be a loser and leave a message" BEEP? Cos, well, if was a "beep" BEEP, then that's okay, cos it's, you know, just a "beep". But if it was, like, not just a "beep" - a "beep" BEEP, that is - well, then I'm pretty beeped off, and you can rest assured I won't be ringing this beeping number again, you beephead! What the beep! Why am I even saying any of this, you beeper? ... Um, I'll, er, call you back later, buddy. ;)
Post a Comment