We're moving office this weekend (still in the same building; my department is just taking over the entire ground floor … yay) and on top of that I am ridiculously busy and haven't been sleeping properly since before Christmas so until all this crap blows over I'll be restricting my blogging to posting a photo a day from my past favourites as I cannot spare the time to write proper posts right now.
First up.

This is one from waaay back in the murky depths of my archives and shows the light from a stained glass window falling on one of the monumental Norman columns in Norwich Cathedral.
The full post is
here and it has lots and lots of beautiful photos of the Cathedral in it.
Enjoy.
26 comments:
Beautiful photo, Dive. It actually looks like it's moving in the light (or maybe I just have an over-active imagination)
Happy break! I remember that photo.
Are you moving to the ground floor coz now your knees hurt too badly going up to the first floor? :D
I hope it's not moving, Robyn. It's stood there pretty well since 1086 and I wouldn't want it to fall down now.
Thanks, Sassy!
Hahaha, Joy.
Yes, I'm old and getting older.
Sigh.
Lovely pic... could you stop saying you are old please... I was 21 when I had you, so I am old......
Hee hee
I remember this photo! Do take care during the move dearest Dive. Bend your knees and keep your back straight. And that was a beautiful piece of music too - lovely horns or something.
A classic photo. It makes you wonder how someone designed that hundreds of years ago. I wonder what they could design using todays CAD programs.
even with all of ya'll's work/tirals/moving, ya'll still find a way to delight/amuse/educate me, sugar! ;) xoxoxoxo (and a few mores for all the booboo's from moving xoxoxoxox)
hee hee hee
What you're human and can juggle 91 million things at the same time? I am at a loss of where to find my next superhero.
I looked at the old post. Ooh, I could spend a day or two just breathing in that place. Norman columns! And crossing an old Saxon marketplace to get there. It strikes chords in my romantic soul.
Mme: You can't beat a lovely horn … er … perhaps I should rephrase that.
Mark: They built them just as crappily in Norman times as we do now. Norwich Cathedral's spire fell down once. The only reason the beautiful flying buttresses still stnad around most cathedrals is that all the other crap designs fell down.
There was no clever design trick, just wait and see what still stands up and copy it.
I must confess, working on CAD all day is better than working.
Savannah: Glad you like it. And thanks for the support from someone who knows the hassles of moving stuff!
xoxoxoxo
Prudence: I am the most fallible human in humanity.
hey ho.
Petrea: I must admit to thinking of you when I posted this one. One day I'll do some castle posts for you.
Thank you Dive, that would be lovely. In the meantime, I thought of you when I posted this. Not a castle, but at least some modern architects think of the long view.
That's a beautiful building Petrea. I must admit I do love LA's older buildings, especially the art deco ones, but this is an excellent modern design.
Dear,running down and up the ground floor steps could be an interesting training. Better you w'll become a"young-old" than an
"old-young"!!! Hee Hee
I'm to be lucky to see the past photos I haven't seen. They are wonderful. Thanks.
I have the feeling you are an unbelieving generous person,isn'it?
Firstly, I can't go past Anonymous' assessment of you as an "unbelieving generous person". Grammatically speaking, not what she was intending, but true, nevertheless. :)
Secondly, gorgeous photos of a gorgeous place. It's in looking at spectacular architecture like this that I realise I am not, in fact, an "unbeliever": I just don't believe in the God(s) of organised religion(s), that's all.
Mischievous Lucio
ecco: piuttosto "incredibile,fantastico
il ragazzo Dive" .Is it correct?
Anonymous: Hee hee.
You were only very slightly off the mark, my friend. What you meant to say (I think) was "unbelievably generous person" - but you weren't exactly wrong, either.
And yes, "incredibile" and "fantastico" are also correct descriptions of "il ragazzo Dive".
Hee hee.
So, Anonymous and Lucio …
Are we one step closer to discovering more about Anon?
Is Anonymous female and from Italy?
I wonder.
I'd love to find out.
Keep working on those interrogation techniques, Lucio. We'll unmask her yet.
Dive - my guess is that Anonymous is probably female, most likely French, and almost certainly from Montpellier, or thereabouts.
How am I doing, Anonymous? Cold? Hot? Tepid?
Hee hee.
This is fun!
Friends,D and L,,I don't know if
Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson are using fair investigation but bitter
for you to return in the starting-block. Really. Ah! Oh! Too funny!
Bitter and...better!!!
Me again. D. and L.
"It's stepping back onto the spring
that we are finding the clearest water"
Sidney Bechet
!!!!
Those arches are simply lovely.
Anonymous: I am so confused.
Maria: They are indeed.
Post a Comment