This sucks. I took this on my trudge in to the village store this morning. It's snowing hard again now. Anyone who loves snow needs their head examined.
We have not got that amount here yet, but as you just said to me it is heading my way, so a nice warm kitchen then an afternoon of TV in front of the fire....
Heeey! I am jumping up and down. When Thom said, "It's still snowing," I jumped out of bed and looked outside and said, "We're going out and you're driving me to places I want to photograph!" So he's getting the car ready, while we enjoy a bit of snowball fight. :D I am deliriously ecstatic! I missed the opportunity to take photos on Easter Sunday coz 1, we were moving house, and 2, I was being filmed. Not this time. I want my snow photos!
Why is it awful? You're indoors. It'll only be awful tomorrow - when it delays the trains BUT perhaps you don't need to go down to London. Say the trains are all useless.
That's me then. I'm not keen on walking on paths in it, I've fallen over badly once before and have the scar to prove it! I do love snowy walks through fields though, and the look of it...it's gorgeous!
I used to approach the winter with dread when I was a kid, because I lived on the top of a hill and the journey to school (at the bottom of the hill) inevitably ended in me falling over in the snow or ice and getting bruises, sprained wrists and ankles, etc.
Strange thing is, I only live about a couple of hours' drive away from you but the climate here couldn't be more different. Mild most of the year round, and a bit of snow this morning which has all been washed away by rain.
We kind of stick out into the North Sea here, Betty, so any crap that comes down from the North Pole hits us smack in the face.
It's a pain as I often call the office to say I'm snowed in and will be working from home and they're sitting in London going "Snow? What snow?" Hey ho.
Well the thing with snow is you need snow boots and thick gloves and the whole adequate outfit so you can roll in it and build a snowman.
I love making them, the last one I did was last year and I didn't even have my kids as an excuse, I did it wholly on my own, the kids had all gone inside and I was still out there sculpting a nose and beard and arms and hands and fingers for my snowman and I had an absolute ball!
So there you are, I haven't grown up. What's the female name for Peter Pan?
I did make one last winter, Nathalie, but today I felt too grumpy. That didn't stop me having a snowball fight with some little kids on the way back from the store. That's probably the only redeeming feature of snow (other than that lovely crunching sound as it compresses underfoot): the feeling of glee as your snowball explodes on a child's head. Yay for that!
As I was cleaning off my car the other day, I was thinking, I have to move to New York - where I'll never have to get up early to scrap ice off of the fucking subway.
Well, as bad as things have gotten for me (work-wise), at least I don't have snow to add insult to injury! Beautiful photos though. I do hope that you get lots more so that you're snow-bound at home all week and don't have to attempt the commute into London. I remember many snowy winter weekends in Minnesota being holed-up inside my apartment. One of my favorite activities was to find a golf tournament on TV (where they were playing in a sunny location) and nap on the couch listening to the hushed tones of the announcers, and the birds tweeting in the background, and just pretend I was somewhere warm. Then I wised up and just moved to California. Ok, off to work. Yup, on a Sunday. At least there won't be any lawyers there to bother me with questions.
I think the snow will turn to rain tomorrow, Katie, so I'll have to try to get in to work. There's no snow in London so I have to make the effort. Either that or I'll wise up and move to California! I wish … enjoy your day of lawyerless work.
Nathalie: No, there were no stones to hand. Hee hee.
T: I kinda guessed. Don't worry; I live in typo hell myself.
Why didnt Katie take me to Cali. with her. Im still here in the Land of 10000 Lakes. I once hauled my snowblower up on roof (pretty flat roof) and blew off about 3 feet of snow that had fallen. True story. Im sure you wont have to do that. Katie, the LPGA is playing golf in Palm Beach, Florida right now. And "yes" Im watching and wishing I was there.
Hi, Arial! You have REAL snow; not like the pretend stuff we have here. It's still here this morning (at 5AM) so I've emailed the office and will work from home today. Tomorrow is going to be rainy and thawing so hoorah for that!
Hi, Neetzy. Yup. Tis the time to shove the lawnmower out of the way and clear the crap out of the garage to make room for the car. Have a safe trip to Jersey tomorrow.
Cali: Hoorah! That makes three of us now in the snow-hater's club.
Mark sorry you decided to stay behind in the Land o' Lakes, but since I didn't grow up there, 7 winters were all I could take. Remember the Halloween Blizzard of 1991 with 3 feet of snow in 24 hours? Remember Christmas morning of 1996 when it 25 below (and that wasn't windchill temp)? Remember that scene in "Fargo" when Jerry Lundegaard is on the roof of a parking garage all bundled up and trying to scrape his windshield and just getting so frustrated that he just throws down the scraper in disgust? If you remember these things, why the heck are you still in MN??
Enjoy the day at home. Work hard and don't ambush the poor kids walking to school with your stock pile of hard pressed snowballs, that would be unfair LOL (although it would make for nice recess fun )
Brr, Katie. I love Fargo but no WAY was that going on the playlist of old movies yesterday. It has started to thaw now and looks like it might be a nice day. The snowman down the street is looking decidedly nervous as patches of green grass appear around him. Yes; one of the things I love about my job is that being three and a half hours from the office and on the coast that gets all the snow I can work from home just about any time the weather decides to suck. It's ten-fifteen here and I've already done four good solid hours, interrupted only by a flurry of emails from the office around nine, all complaining that they'd got no snow. Sheesh!
Nathalie: much as I would love to pelt the village kids with hard-packed ice-balls I'm staying indoors in the warm today.
34 comments:
We have not got that amount here yet, but as you just said to me it is heading my way, so a nice warm kitchen then an afternoon of TV in front of the fire....
You used to love snow!!!!!
I used to love snow before I had to commute to London.
I'm going to spend the day vegged out on the sofa with comfort food and old movies.
It's snowing a lot harder now. You can see the kerb in that photo but it has completely disappeared now.
Heeey! I am jumping up and down. When Thom said, "It's still snowing," I jumped out of bed and looked outside and said, "We're going out and you're driving me to places I want to photograph!" So he's getting the car ready, while we enjoy a bit of snowball fight. :D I am deliriously ecstatic! I missed the opportunity to take photos on Easter Sunday coz 1, we were moving house, and 2, I was being filmed. Not this time. I want my snow photos!
You're more than welcome to it, Joy.
It is awful.
Why is it awful? You're indoors. It'll only be awful tomorrow - when it delays the trains BUT perhaps you don't need to go down to London. Say the trains are all useless.
It's awful because it's snow, Joy.
Enjoy it if you want but please don't expect me to.
That's me then. I'm not keen on walking on paths in it, I've fallen over badly once before and have the scar to prove it! I do love snowy walks through fields though, and the look of it...it's gorgeous!
Wow Alifan that sounds cosy. Can I come?
See what happens? You called the other day a "pathetic attempt." Now the old snow-miser feels he has to prove himself.
I don't suppose you are allowed to take a snow day from work?
Lynn: It's lovely to look at on other peoples' blogs; those who live a LONG way away; but I hate having it here.
Katherine: I can work from home if it's snowing. Knowing my luck I'll wake up tomorrow to rain and slush and have to go in to London.
i am so NOT going to complain about the weather here, sugar! xoxoxox
(thanks for reminding me about where i was a month ago, luv! you're a sweetheart.)
My pleasure, Savannah.
xoxoxo
I used to approach the winter with dread when I was a kid, because I lived on the top of a hill and the journey to school (at the bottom of the hill) inevitably ended in me falling over in the snow or ice and getting bruises, sprained wrists and ankles, etc.
Strange thing is, I only live about a couple of hours' drive away from you but the climate here couldn't be more different. Mild most of the year round, and a bit of snow this morning which has all been washed away by rain.
We kind of stick out into the North Sea here, Betty, so any crap that comes down from the North Pole hits us smack in the face.
It's a pain as I often call the office to say I'm snowed in and will be working from home and they're sitting in London going "Snow? What snow?"
Hey ho.
Sorry about all the snow, Dive.
From one who rarely sees it, I can well do without it too.
I'm with you on this one !
Well the thing with snow is you need snow boots and thick gloves and the whole adequate outfit so you can roll in it and build a snowman.
I love making them, the last one I did was last year and I didn't even have my kids as an excuse, I did it wholly on my own, the kids had all gone inside and I was still out there sculpting a nose and beard and arms and hands and fingers for my snowman and I had an absolute ball!
So there you are, I haven't grown up. What's the female name for Peter Pan?
I did make one last winter, Nathalie, but today I felt too grumpy.
That didn't stop me having a snowball fight with some little kids on the way back from the store.
That's probably the only redeeming feature of snow (other than that lovely crunching sound as it compresses underfoot): the feeling of glee as your snowball explodes on a child's head.
Yay for that!
As I was cleaning off my car the other day, I was thinking, I have to move to New York - where I'll never have to get up early to scrap ice off of the fucking subway.
Winter sure does suck, T.
I'm thinking of moving to a warmer planet.
Well, as bad as things have gotten for me (work-wise), at least I don't have snow to add insult to injury! Beautiful photos though. I do hope that you get lots more so that you're snow-bound at home all week and don't have to attempt the commute into London. I remember many snowy winter weekends in Minnesota being holed-up inside my apartment. One of my favorite activities was to find a golf tournament on TV (where they were playing in a sunny location) and nap on the couch listening to the hushed tones of the announcers, and the birds tweeting in the background, and just pretend I was somewhere warm. Then I wised up and just moved to California. Ok, off to work. Yup, on a Sunday. At least there won't be any lawyers there to bother me with questions.
dive you didn't add stones inside the snowballs, did you?
I mean, thinking of what you do to kitties... :-))))
I think the snow will turn to rain tomorrow, Katie, so I'll have to try to get in to work. There's no snow in London so I have to make the effort.
Either that or I'll wise up and move to California!
I wish …
enjoy your day of lawyerless work.
Nathalie: No, there were no stones to hand. Hee hee.
T: I kinda guessed. Don't worry; I live in typo hell myself.
Why didnt Katie take me to Cali. with her. Im still here in the Land of 10000 Lakes. I once hauled my snowblower up on roof (pretty flat roof) and blew off about 3 feet of snow that had fallen. True story. Im sure you wont have to do that.
Katie, the LPGA is playing golf in Palm Beach, Florida right now. And "yes" Im watching and wishing I was there.
Oh...just ick...
I think she wanted to leave someone in Minnesota to clear up the snow, Mark. Bummer that it had to be you.
Maria: Amen to that!
Hey! It looks a lot like what we have outside right now, in Ontario. Too early for winter snow.
Winter is coming early this year. No snow today, but we are expecting a mix of rain and snow tomorrow again. I'm glad we built a garage last year!
I detest snow! Pretty photo though. :D
Hi, Arial!
You have REAL snow; not like the pretend stuff we have here.
It's still here this morning (at 5AM) so I've emailed the office and will work from home today. Tomorrow is going to be rainy and thawing so hoorah for that!
Hi, Neetzy. Yup. Tis the time to shove the lawnmower out of the way and clear the crap out of the garage to make room for the car.
Have a safe trip to Jersey tomorrow.
Cali: Hoorah! That makes three of us now in the snow-hater's club.
Mark sorry you decided to stay behind in the Land o' Lakes, but since I didn't grow up there, 7 winters were all I could take. Remember the Halloween Blizzard of 1991 with 3 feet of snow in 24 hours? Remember Christmas morning of 1996 when it 25 below (and that wasn't windchill temp)? Remember that scene in "Fargo" when Jerry Lundegaard is on the roof of a parking garage all bundled up and trying to scrape his windshield and just getting so frustrated that he just throws down the scraper in disgust? If you remember these things, why the heck are you still in MN??
I just read your comment Dive -- awesome that you emailed work that you'll be working from home!
Enjoy the day at home.
Work hard and don't ambush the poor kids walking to school with your stock pile of hard pressed snowballs, that would be unfair LOL
(although it would make for nice recess fun )
Brr, Katie. I love Fargo but no WAY was that going on the playlist of old movies yesterday.
It has started to thaw now and looks like it might be a nice day. The snowman down the street is looking decidedly nervous as patches of green grass appear around him.
Yes; one of the things I love about my job is that being three and a half hours from the office and on the coast that gets all the snow I can work from home just about any time the weather decides to suck. It's ten-fifteen here and I've already done four good solid hours, interrupted only by a flurry of emails from the office around nine, all complaining that they'd got no snow. Sheesh!
Nathalie: much as I would love to pelt the village kids with hard-packed ice-balls I'm staying indoors in the warm today.
Katie, I remember all of those winter events. I guess Im just a slow learner. Florida here I come. Well maybe in 10 years.
Post a Comment