Cheers, Lucio. I'm not down or anything; it's just that I'm so busy with work that my brain is empty of blogstuff at the moment. Things will change … something's bound to piss me off and set me ranting again.
I like these - especially the second last one. Love abstract in nature. Nice! The silly season is sure to send you ranting! We are heading to the UK for Christmas - 2 degrees - not so sure about that!
I have no doubt things will change, Dive: I'd just rather not be the thing that pisses you off and sets you ranting. Although, if need be, I'd happily be willing to serve as your bête noire du jour.
Ah, very "Monet", that one, Lynn. I trust you enjoyed your "soothing wax"?
Lucio: I kinda like not being pissed off. Today I am happily working away and listening to my collection of Stabat Maters (Stabats Mater?) accompanied by some splendid coffee so I am nicely chilled right now.
I'm sorry you're feeling uninspired, but these photos are the coolest. There is a small ripple on the right of that second photo. Makes you wonder what was going on out of view. A little fish, maybe? or were you trying to skip a rock?
Wow! These are spectacular! Even on my little Touch these photos just sparkle with life. Sometimes words aren't really necessary. I really like the other photos you linked to as well. Now it's worth getting out of bed to check these out on a bigger screen! Well, maybe 20 more minutes in bed. I know how easy it is for work stress to sap blogger creativity, but I am quite confident you'll be back with a roar soon. And hey, tomorrow's Thursday already! I'll need some rockin tunes to help me make my contribution for Thanksgiving dinner. Ok must get out of bed now. Please avert your eyes.
Dammit! I tried peeking between my fingers but at eight thousand miles away it was pretty hard to see much. I'm so glad you've got a nice long Thanksgiving break to recharge your batteries, Katie. Work stress sure is a bummer. Thanks for reminding me tomorrow is Racket day. I'll go see what I can dig up. As for the photos, I thought "these will be nice" while I was taking them, but then I got home and compared them to the last lot and the new ones were nowhere near as good. Sigh …
These are lovely!! And you've been blogging so much while working from home, you deserve a break. Besides, who says pics aren't worth a gazillion words, especially great pics??
I am feeling better today--I could tell because I scrubbed a bathroom while heavily medicated. The pampering and whining I've been doing for the past four days is finally paying off.
Glad to hear you're on the mend, Katherine, but not so glad you had to scrub the bathroom. I considered doing a full on Thanksgiving feast but as there's only one of me it would take weeks to eat my way through a whole turkey. Instead, I shall post a musical turkey to show I'm getting into the spirit of things. Have a great holiday!
Dive you can look now, I'm all dressed and ready to leave for work. Granted, you still won't see much since you're 8000 miles away. I could go stand in front of the Berkeley cam and wave, but that would involve climbing up a big hill on private property and there's a light drizzle and they would kill me at work if I ended up in jail and Thanksgiving dinner would be sans a potato dish so basically I should just go to work as usual. But if all goes well I'll get to leave work at 3:00, and by 4:00 I'll be drinking with my friend Heather, to get a jump on the 4-day weekend!!
And your photos are a lot better than "nice" even if you aren't completely satisfied. I'm really glad you posted them, because now I'll be able to look into the puddles on my walk to the carpool and find cool designs that I know you'd like.
I just checked the cam and you're right, though your light clouds are nowhere near as dark and moody as mine. having said that, it's almost sunset here anyway. Hey ho.
Better not to risk jail just to get out of potato duty on Thanksgiving. Have fun with Heather. An after-work drink sounds a great idea. Mine will have to wait until Friday when Andy is taking me out to a Japanese restaurant in London.
Puddles can make great photos - depending of course on what's reflected in them. I hope you get some good ones.
Beautiful pics, Dive, both sets! I'm glad you take the time to stop and find new and interesting things to reflect upon on your daily walks. :) I wish I could share a chunk of this smoked turkey I have sliced up in my kitchen. Our "gift" turkey was thawed in the fridge and I had to bake it last night. Now I'm going to have to sprinkle it around town before I leave so it doesn't go to waste while we're gone. A poorly timed turkey can still be a good turkey. Speaking of...I'm REALLY having to wipe that Palin video out of my head to enjoy this holiday though-yikes. :~} Have a great time with your friends this weekend!
Mark: Lots of fish, but not the sort you'd have with chips.
Hee hee, Shan! That video was so funny. She really went up in my estimation after that. Have a wonderful family Thanksgiving. I'll check afterwards for party tales on your blog.
Oh yes Dive. I'm at the indisputably glamorous stage now of being covered in soothing cream and antiseptic creams. This has the calming effect on the pores. Only after that, will they look good, soft and silky. LOL what WILL people think I'm up to? No good, no doubt. ;)
Nice wet stuff. I used to give a reflection assignment to my photo students. Some didn't "get it". They photographed themselves in the mirror. These are wonderful! Cheer up Dive. I understand the fatigue. I'm there as well. I have to check out the racket but I'm surrounded by family.
31 comments:
Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit flat at the moment, Dive.
I like these shots, though. Very much.
Cheers, Lucio.
I'm not down or anything; it's just that I'm so busy with work that my brain is empty of blogstuff at the moment.
Things will change … something's bound to piss me off and set me ranting again.
lovely shots, sugar! totally understand blog-itis due to work, all i have is moving madness to talk about! ;) xoxoxo
we need a new meme!
I like these - especially the second last one. Love abstract in nature. Nice!
The silly season is sure to send you ranting! We are heading to the UK for Christmas - 2 degrees - not so sure about that!
Savannah: We do indeed need a meme to inspire us to new madness.
xoxox
Kat: You're coming here? Yay! Can you cram Vic into a suitcase and deliver her to my house? I SO need to get that gal in a studio and make a racket.
Mmm well you know how I love photography so this post suits me fine. My favourite is the second one.
I have no doubt things will change, Dive: I'd just rather not be the thing that pisses you off and sets you ranting. Although, if need be, I'd happily be willing to serve as your bête noire du jour.
Ah, very "Monet", that one, Lynn.
I trust you enjoyed your "soothing wax"?
Lucio: I kinda like not being pissed off. Today I am happily working away and listening to my collection of Stabat Maters (Stabats Mater?) accompanied by some splendid coffee so I am nicely chilled right now.
Darn tootin'.
I'm sorry you're feeling uninspired, but these photos are the coolest. There is a small ripple on the right of that second photo. Makes you wonder what was going on out of view. A little fish, maybe? or were you trying to skip a rock?
These are great photos, Dive. I like the abstract look to them, they really inspire me.
I hope something pisses you off soon, I love your rants.
I noticed that too, Robyn. It was between snow showers and drops were falling off the willows into the river.
Cheers, Rich. Take heart; I'm never content for long.
These are very nice Dive! I love reflections in the water, it is very calming.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, I feel good.
Thanks!
My pleasure, Shazza.
Wow! These are spectacular! Even on my little Touch these photos just sparkle with life. Sometimes words aren't really necessary. I really like the other photos you linked to as well. Now it's worth getting out of bed to check these out on a bigger screen! Well, maybe 20 more minutes in bed. I know how easy it is for work stress to sap blogger creativity, but I am quite confident you'll be back with a roar soon. And hey, tomorrow's Thursday already! I'll need some rockin tunes to help me make my contribution for Thanksgiving dinner. Ok must get out of bed now. Please avert your eyes.
Dammit! I tried peeking between my fingers but at eight thousand miles away it was pretty hard to see much.
I'm so glad you've got a nice long Thanksgiving break to recharge your batteries, Katie. Work stress sure is a bummer.
Thanks for reminding me tomorrow is Racket day. I'll go see what I can dig up.
As for the photos, I thought "these will be nice" while I was taking them, but then I got home and compared them to the last lot and the new ones were nowhere near as good.
Sigh …
These are lovely!! And you've been blogging so much while working from home, you deserve a break. Besides, who says pics aren't worth a gazillion words, especially great pics??
Thanks, Katherine. I do hope you're feeling better for Thanksgiving.
I am feeling better today--I could tell because I scrubbed a bathroom while heavily medicated. The pampering and whining I've been doing for the past four days is finally paying off.
Cheer! Eat turkey even if you aren't American!
Glad to hear you're on the mend, Katherine, but not so glad you had to scrub the bathroom.
I considered doing a full on Thanksgiving feast but as there's only one of me it would take weeks to eat my way through a whole turkey.
Instead, I shall post a musical turkey to show I'm getting into the spirit of things.
Have a great holiday!
Dive you can look now, I'm all dressed and ready to leave for work. Granted, you still won't see much since you're 8000 miles away. I could go stand in front of the Berkeley cam and wave, but that would involve climbing up a big hill on private property and there's a light drizzle and they would kill me at work if I ended up in jail and Thanksgiving dinner would be sans a potato dish so basically I should just go to work as usual. But if all goes well I'll get to leave work at 3:00, and by 4:00 I'll be drinking with my friend Heather, to get a jump on the 4-day weekend!!
And your photos are a lot better than "nice" even if you aren't completely satisfied. I'm really glad you posted them, because now I'll be able to look into the puddles on my walk to the carpool and find cool designs that I know you'd like.
I just checked the cam and you're right, though your light clouds are nowhere near as dark and moody as mine. having said that, it's almost sunset here anyway. Hey ho.
Better not to risk jail just to get out of potato duty on Thanksgiving.
Have fun with Heather. An after-work drink sounds a great idea. Mine will have to wait until Friday when Andy is taking me out to a Japanese restaurant in London.
Puddles can make great photos - depending of course on what's reflected in them. I hope you get some good ones.
Are there any catchable fish in those waters? Im hungry for some good fish and chips.
Beautiful pics, Dive, both sets! I'm glad you take the time to stop and find new and interesting things to reflect upon on your daily walks. :)
I wish I could share a chunk of this smoked turkey I have sliced up in my kitchen. Our "gift" turkey was thawed in the fridge and I had to bake it last night. Now I'm going to have to sprinkle it around town before I leave so it doesn't go to waste while we're gone. A poorly timed turkey can still be a good turkey.
Speaking of...I'm REALLY having to wipe that Palin video out of my head to enjoy this holiday though-yikes. :~}
Have a great time with your friends this weekend!
Mark: Lots of fish, but not the sort you'd have with chips.
Hee hee, Shan! That video was so funny. She really went up in my estimation after that.
Have a wonderful family Thanksgiving. I'll check afterwards for party tales on your blog.
Oh yes Dive. I'm at the indisputably glamorous stage now of being covered in soothing cream and antiseptic creams. This has the calming effect on the pores. Only after that, will they look good, soft and silky. LOL what WILL people think I'm up to? No good, no doubt. ;)
Give this one a try, Savannah (et. al.):
1.If all the good times in your life were condensed into a three minute pop song, what would it be called - and who would sing it?
2. If all the bad times in your life were condensed into a three minute pop song, what would it be called - and who would sing it?
3. If you could have a song written to express your loathing for a former lover, what would it be called?
4. If you could have a song written to express your longing for a former lover, what would it be called?
5. If you could time travel, what date would you set the CPS (Cosmic Positioning System) for - and why?
Nice wet stuff. I used to give a reflection assignment to my photo students. Some didn't "get it". They photographed themselves in the mirror. These are wonderful! Cheer up Dive. I understand the fatigue. I'm there as well. I have to check out the racket but I'm surrounded by family.
Love the pics Dive - not bad for a lack of inspiration!
And I'll check back when you've had a go at Lucio's meme :)
Even when you are dried up, you are still sensational....
Post a Comment