Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Filler Photopost

Hokay …
I've got no time tonight to write anything. The trains were crap, it's past my bedtime and I've not eaten yet.

So here's a portrait of my family to add to the litany of pictorial shame from the link in the last post.


Mum's going to hate this one so much! That's one doozy of a hair-do.
This must be some time in the mid sixties on what looks like Dunwich beach.
I have no idea who took this photo but they must have said "Everybody look out to sea like you're enjoying watching a yachtsman drown."
Hey ho.

I've got another busy day coming up but I hope to get blogging properly again before long.

19 comments:

savannah said...

what a great family pic, sugar! but wasn't it uncomfortable sitting on those rocks? (yes, i know, not all beaches are sandy) xoxox

Alifan said...

You wait !!!!!!!!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

This is a beautiful picture though Alifan! Really gorgeous figure you have; you look like a model. Real sixties family look.

Alifan said...

Oh Lynn if only it still was like that.... but we were a happy family....didn't the boys look cute!!!! must get those albums back off Dive before too many more appear!!

Anonymous said...

Life should be lived the busy way! Ill be watching yachtsman die in the mean time your next post comes around... =p

Anonymous said...

I like that photo. It contains some down home goodness. It reminds me of better times. It is a snapshot in time. It's a classic.

Anonymous said...

That last post was from me.

Anonymous said...

That last post was from me.

neetzy said...

Great picture and Mom has that windblown look! Are you the bigger and blonder of the two? I'll have to dig up some old pics to embarrass shazz!

Katie said...

What a fabulous photo! Alifan you look fabulous, and I think your hairstyle looks very modern. Thanks for sharing this Dive, I totally needed a big smile today after another rough day at work.

MmeBenaut said...

Alifan dear, you look gorgeous in your trendy swimsuit. I love family pics Dive .. you look so cute.

I can't believe that you guys call that a beach!! Want some clean white sand? Come to Adelaide!!

Alifan said...

The beaches are not all like that here......but thanks for the invite tee hee..

My goodness it was soooooo long ago...so glad it made you all grin...only thing is he has the albums and there are a lot like that... oh dear!!!!good job I have a sense of humour..

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Know what you mean, Alifan. I'd love the days back when my three boys were tiny like that. I have lots of photos of course and just want to pick them up and cuddle them close again. They're over 6' now so I might find it a bit tricky. The cuddling part has to be endured by them though... :)

dive said...

Sheesh. I'd better get sweary again or this blog's going to turn into a sewing circle.

Anonymous said...

Dive
Hum!!! To be crunchy!

Joy said...

Now I get it! You take after your dad, and Phil takes after your mum! It's a very nice photo, really lovely. A portrait of a happy family. Doesn't it make you miss life when it was much simpler?

Btw, when I migrated in 2003, my family in law wanted to cheer me up coz I was feeling really homesick. They took me to Dunwich and not only was I sick (motion sickness), but felt depressed! Hahaha. The water was not aqua blue, and the sand was not pristine white. It was the thought that counted though.

Shazza said...

Ow, those rocks look like they hurt to sit on.

Shan said...

Gorgeous pic!! Alifan I see nothing to be embarrassed about-you look great. I agree with Joy on the family resemblance thing.

I'll have to check back to the next post. I'm off to the doctor that likes to poke me with needles. Rats.

Maria said...

I just want to grab your little tootsies and say, "This little piggy went to market..."