What the fuck do we think we are doing?
I'm talking Bad Hair!
I mean we all do it at some point in our lives.
And let's be honest, ladies, it was usually the eighties.
So I have decreed today "Bad Hair Day".
Post photos of your worst hair ever!
A huge cheer for Lynn who got in first and posted her's last night.
Boy, it's a doozy!
So come on … perms, mullets, back-combing tragedies, cornrow (what the fuck was THAT about?) … They're all welcome and today is the day to dig out your crappiest hair photo and display it to the world to the echoes of our mocking laughter.
To my eternal shame I had probably the worst hair any middle-aged man could possibly have (with the obvious exception of a whitey in dreadlocks).
And scarily, this was only five or six years ago!
And even more scarily, I didn't hide in a hole with a sack over my head but got up on stage and displayed it!

Fucking Hell!
An hilarious combination of "mid-life-crisis" ponytail, tragic pointy sideburns and sad little goatee.
And "phallic" guitar.
Nice "package" though, if I say so myself (let's face it; some of us don't need to compensate with a Porsche). Hee hee.
"Hey, lay-dees … It's Mister Sophistication."
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha … etc.
I'd cry if I weren't laughing so much.
Luckily the whole lot came off the year I burned my Hawai'ian shirts and got a life.
So … Lynn and I have displayed our most horrifying hair.
Now it's your turn.
You know you want to.
27 comments:
Phew...thank God! I thought you'd fooled me into being the only one lol.
Well, this is SOMEthing, isn't it Dive. Oh dear. he he. Hair's not bad. It's the sideburns i find most shocking actually. The thought of you carefully chiselling that shape every morning, standing back and thinking "Yeeeaaaah..." LOL !! I know you won't mind my teasing and there's quite a bit to get me back on. he he what fun.
Hee hee hee hee hee.
You're absolutely right, Lynn.
I would spend ages each morning with my clippers making sure the sidies were nice and pointy.
WHY????
What a tragic combo … The three worst offences a man can commit with hair.
And to think that at some point in my life I actually thought that looked COOL!?!?!
You should've had a top knot rather than a ponytail for the full on sumo wrestler look. Anyway, I've seen worse.
Good job I don't have access to a scanner really. I've had a bad hair life - where to start?
Bety: Take those photos down to Happy Snaps and use their scanner right now!
As for the sumo look: my stomach is in full training mode.
I won't laugh (not so you can hear, anyway) because I now feel compelled to post my own photo of shame.
Exactly how long did it take you to groom those sideburns every morning? They are so precise.
Oh, those sideburns. I hang my head in shame for ever having been deluded enough to think them cool.
I can't wait to see your worst hair, Robyn.
Hahaha!! This is awesome, Dive! I can't stop laughing! Classic!
Mine'll be up as soon as I put my hard drive back where it belongs- inside the computer.
Dive, old son; you could be a politician down here, mate with looks like that.
Problem is tho', in Oz the pollies shave their heads. Perhaps that's next?
Cooooooll, dude !
Cheers, Utsav. I can't wait to see yours!
Monsieur B. I did shave my head a few years before this but there are no photos, which was a shame because I quite enjoyed that look.
Now where's yours?
when you've dyed bleached and abused your hair as much as i have every day is a hat wearing day.
the chronciles of my hair crimes would take a whole other blog.
Kate: Your hair looks great whatever you do with it.
You scared the hell out of me with your post this morning, so it's a huge relief to find you here.
Hugs. XOX
Great subject! I say anyone who hasn't lived thru a time of what we now think of as bad hair days, hasn't lived. So, LONG LIVE THOSE BAD HAIR DAYS.
All part of the great pattern and wonder of life...
Hun I'm here in spirit only.
I'm extremely fragile right now and may not be able to post for a while. I'm sort of shell shocked.
Give phil a kiss for me. xoxoxoxo
Jilly: These days I'm just grateful to have ANY hair day!
Kate: I'll … er … pass the message on.
You get yourself mended and strong again. We'll be here if you need us.
XOX
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha................ I remember.
Midge ure eat your heart out.
You were such a role model to your little bro......actually you weren't.
But you were thin back then.
Your turn!
he he there's nothing quite so resounding as a little brother's chortle is there! LOL. So, Full? Will you posting?
Wow Dive. You do look cool - a classic muso look - ponytails I always associate with guitar players and computer nerds and those who simply can't afford a haircut. Very pleased that you "shaped up" and became ordinary. I somehow think that long hair belongs on girls.
That aside, I love this photo of you doing what you so obviously love, playing that guitar.
Mine's up!
Lynn: Little brothers may well chortle but if he doesn't post himself I have some startlingly embarrassing shots of him.
Hee hee hee (big brother chortle).
Mme: Thank you so much. It might have been the classic muso look in 1972, but not for men in their forties!
And yes, I do love playing the guitar.
Utsav: Well done! That's four of us with the balls to post.
Though you look way too bloody handsome in your hair.
I don't think you look bad at all...a little edgy, a little dangerous. Nothing to worry about in a musician.
I like any photo of you and your guitar. You always look a little in love.
"Edgy and dangerous!"
Oh, Maria!
Hee hee hee hee hee!
Thank you for the biggest laugh I have had in ages.
As for that look of love, just ask Bing. People who listen to guitar players just hear the sound; the player gets the feel … that wonderful purring resonance as the guitar vibrates against your body and the pain in your fingertips from bending or fretting each note.
It's an intense and very sensual thing, playing guitar; anybody that just listens is missing out on so much.
So yeah … It's a luurve thang!
Now, where's yours, you said !
I actually beat you, - and Lynn, on Feb 7th.
Here is the link:- if I can make a link work.
http://adelaidedailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/02/pouvez-vous-dire-qui-de-ces-idiots-est.html
No, no, no!
That was GREAT hair!
We need to see Baaad hair!
I'm not sure if that's really bad hair for you dive. You just look like a musician to me.
Hee hee.
Cheers, Rich.
Now where's yours?
OMG! That you? I can't stand a guy in a ponytail - except for Steven Segal. Hahaha.
I don't think I ever had bad hair :p
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm just so snowed under, it's insane!
Post a Comment