Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crappy Birthday To Me

Oh, fuck!

I'm forty-nine years old.

24 comments:

GG said...

Aha! Trusty Facebook told me it was yer birthday today so I've popped over to be the first to wish you a wonderful day!
Many happy returns! Don't worry, m'dear - you still look fabulous.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel 49 today, which blows, coz I'm not. I figure as long as we don't feel older than we are, then it's all good.

Happy b'day, Boss. x

dive said...

GG. Many hugs and kisses. You are the best secretary a pervy boss could wish for.
If you'd like to really feel forty-nine, you know where I am (hee hee … sorry).

GG said...

Hahahaha. Nothing like working for a pervy boss.
*books ticket to Norfolk*

dive said...

Hee hee. Step into my office, young lady.

GG said...

Hehe. Don't mind if I do.

Oh, by the way, have been meaning to mention the honourific after GG on your links list.
If I stick around in your office for a while, you can change it to the more familiar 'chan'. :)

Jules said...

Sorry to interrupt you two but I'm here to wish the old boy a happy birthday.
This is an old traditional family song (that I made up last Tuesday) You have to sing it off-key with something alcoholic in one hand and something nice and soft in the other!!!
Here goes- Ahemmm
Hippy Bert-day to yoo
Hippy Bert-day to yoo
Hippy Bert-day old Di-ive
Hippy Bert-day to you
Ray, Ray, Ray!!
Who the f@#* is Ray or Bert for that matter???

Stop moaning - I would love to be 49 again!!!

savannah said...

c'mere, sugar and lemme give you a birthday kiss! *spoken in my very best mrs. robinson voice*

happy birthday, kiddo! ;-)

savannah said...

i would have sent this to you, but i don't have your address!

Betty said...

Happy birthday - only a year away from the big 'un, har har HAR.

I'll have a couple of Nurofen by way of a toast.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Babe.
Your hardly old, not crypt keeper old, your like good cheese and good wine. Nicely matured.
Hugs and Kisses from the house that sanity stole back. :)))))

M.Benaut said...

Crikey, you old bastard, you.

Y' don't look a day over 27 1/2.
If a woman is only as old as her breast measurement, then a man is only as old as the woman he feels, cobber.

Hope you have a rip-snorter birthday, mate, and if it makes you feel any worserer, you'll be in y' 6th decade in 364 days.

Happy Birthday from me and her.

Scout said...

Happy birthday, Dive. Do something fun today.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dive. You could be saying you're 50 so it's not that bad!

Anonymous said...

M. Benaut - "If a woman is only as old as her breast measurement"?????

If thats the case then I'M the crypt keeper!

dive said...

A beautiful rendition, Jules.

And thank you to all of you.

An especial thanks to Kate for reminding me of one particular photo. Hee hee.

Full said...

Happy B'Day Bro.

49 eh?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Old Knudsen said...

Happy Birthday , thats great that yer only 49 cos you look about 59 so reason to celebrate, yay go mad!

Maria said...

Happy birthday, dear Dive. I will be fifty in less than 3 months, so shut your trap.

We aren't old...we are hot, sexy, brave and experienced.

It takes years to get to where we are.

dive said...

Phil and Knudsen: Awww shucks, you guys!

Maria: We are indeed hot, brave, sexy and experienced. The only trouble is, it has taken the pair of us almost a century to get this way.
DOH!
Anyhoo … for three months we are the same age.

Terroni said...

Happy Birthday, Dive.
49 spanks...

dive said...

Oooh!
That sort of thing will perk a guy right up!

Vic said...

Well fuck. I commented yesterday and came back today to check what sassiness you'd left for me in reply and it's not here. Either I was too pissed and stuffed it or blogger was being a prick. Ho hum.

So Happy (now late) Birthday you old fart. You can start looking forward to having a natural vibrato without any effort (yep, that's how those guys in the Salvation Army band do it). Also start looking forward to your saggy bits trying to get acquainted with your knees.

There's no such thing as getting older gracefully, so bring out the Hawaiian shirt, polish the bald spot and say fuck you, I did it all years ago to the entire world.

Hugs, Dive. Hope you had a truly great day.

Joy said...

Hey! Sorry I missed your birthday! I've been snowed under the last few days. But hey - did you have a cake?

I hope it was fun. Age is just a number - til you start getting the perks that make it worthwhile to remember how many revolutions around the sun you've made!

joy
Norwich Daily Photo

dive said...

Vic: I am indeed an old fart and quite proud of the fact.
And yes, I'm looking forward to that involuntary vibrato. Though I burned my last Hawai'ian shirt a couple of years back; I was going more for the slippers and pipe and flat cap image next year.

Joy: No cake; no party, and the perks I've been getting are a new set of aches and pains and I find I make a groaning noise like Grandpa Simpson whenever I get up now.