Monday, November 07, 2011

WTF Monday - In The Days Before Television

10 comments:

Alifan said...

Bet that is worth something nowadays!

Hope the cold is better.

Robyn Martins said...

Yay! Let's kill all the pretty birds so we can stick them in a jar. Then we won't ever have to go outside to look at them.

You have a cold?

Petrea Burchard said...

One gets tired of needlepoint.

dive said...

Mum, I wish it wasn't.

The Victorians were insane in so many ways, Robyn.
And yes, I have inherited the office cold. Poo and dammit.

Petrea, that made me laugh so hard. I got the image of a Jane Austen heroine simpering "One gets tired of needlepoint" and then going off on one like Arlo Guthrie in Alice's Restaurant: "I wanna KILL!"

neetzy said...

Yikes. I can just picture you sitting in custody along with the mother rapers and the father rapers.

Ms M said...

Those birds were "massacreed"!

Hope you feel better soon.

Kate said...

Wow. That's so...Vicorian...

dive said...

Neetzy, I'd forgotten all about that song until Petrea's phrase bizarrely brought it to mind. I have it somewhere on vinyl. I may dig it out at the weekend and have a giggle.

Hee hee, Ms.M. And yes, thank you, I am feeling slightly more chipper this morning.

It was a strange and disturbing era, Kate. Even more strange and disturbing than the one we are living through.

neetzy said...

It's that time of year for the Thanksgiving Day Massacree!

dive said...

Hee hee!