Robyn, whoever feeds that poor cat ought to be strapped down and force-fed like the geese that make fois gras until they are that shape themselves (actually, if the cat is American they may well already be that shape).
I use a "far away" version for my FB photo. The card is humorous, but I feel sorry for the cat. You're probably right; the bad cat parents most likely are in the same shape themselves. Some lean cuisine is in order, along with a little exercise....
Ms.M, I really posted this to scare mum into cutting down on Oscar's meals and kicking him off the sofa for a few minutes a day … Oops … Here's mum. Mum, if you think you're fat just go stand next to Aunt Nancy. Or Oscar. He m ay not be that fat yet, but he eats more than Gerry's three cats combined and the only exercise I've seen him do is raise an eyebrow. Cut out the photo and stick it by his feeding bowl.
Hee hee, Lynn. A little larger than the sweet black cat we saw at the Cathedral today. Some people should not be allowed to own pets (or indeed have children).
Hee hee hee! I think we ALL are, Neetzy. But what the hey … we are all "people of a certain age" and if I were as skinny as I was at twenty my doctor would be worried.
HA HA! I love it!! I suspect this is why "gutbook" never really took off. The kittay here probably just has "thyroid issues" which is what we tell my pomeranian so she doesn't feel too bad cropping her facebook pic. I don't feel guilty myself, as I feed HER properly. ;) Yes, aging on fb is truly fun for everyone! haha
Hey, I wanted to ask if you, being one of my oh-so-witty friends from Britain, has ever seen the BBC show called "Look Around You". I got season one from the library and we watched them this weekend.
They are shorts mocking old educational videos we used to watch in school or on PBS which has (pre-internet style) college courses on it. Funny stuff! It was a little Monty P.-ish. They mentioned how Americans tend to find British people to be hilarious and it reminded me of you and of course Lynn who's also funny.
You probably haven't seen it since you don't do much t.v. but I thought I'd ask in case. :)
Hee hee, Shan. I think 'gutbook' would be a much better idea.
Oh my gosh, yes, I remember seeing "Look Around You" at my brother's once. A splendidly silly spoof of the "educational" programmes they used to show us at school. Having said that, it's probably far more informative than anything on Discovery Channel.
Oh good then you know what I'm talking about! Haha
Maria! Man, I need to find you again. Since switching computers a few months back I have lost all my blog addresses and feeds. I need to make a new list so I can get back on my game. I forget how many little things we do the same like the chin out suck it in pose. Candid shots of me are rarely pleasant! Hahaha
Dive, glad you finally met up with Lynn. Did you two feel like you were old friends or new strangers? You would find me even more stupid in person but hopefully just as silly. :)
Shan, Lynn is such great fun. Yes, we were like old friends and had a lovely time together. Ha! No way would I find you 'stupid' though I hope I would find you very silly indeed.
18 comments:
It is totally true, except the Facebook version of me is more abstract and obscure.
My facebook version is not much slimmer. It is, however, otherwise messed with. I recently had new photos taken and I'm threatening to use them.
Vanda and Petrea, both of your Facebook photos are totally cool, but then so are you, so that's alright then.
Yes, true. I confess. But look at this poor big boy with the bad cat parents.
Robyn, whoever feeds that poor cat ought to be strapped down and force-fed like the geese that make fois gras until they are that shape themselves (actually, if the cat is American they may well already be that shape).
I use a "far away" version for my FB photo. The card is humorous, but I feel sorry for the cat. You're probably right; the bad cat parents most likely are in the same shape themselves. Some lean cuisine is in order, along with a little exercise....
No Oscar is not that fat Son! However I am!
Ms.M, I really posted this to scare mum into cutting down on Oscar's meals and kicking him off the sofa for a few minutes a day …
Oops … Here's mum.
Mum, if you think you're fat just go stand next to Aunt Nancy.
Or Oscar. He m ay not be that fat yet, but he eats more than Gerry's three cats combined and the only exercise I've seen him do is raise an eyebrow. Cut out the photo and stick it by his feeding bowl.
Ew ;)
Hee hee, Lynn. A little larger than the sweet black cat we saw at the Cathedral today. Some people should not be allowed to own pets (or indeed have children).
I'm busted!
Hee hee hee! I think we ALL are, Neetzy. But what the hey … we are all "people of a certain age" and if I were as skinny as I was at twenty my doctor would be worried.
HA HA! I love it!! I suspect this is why "gutbook" never really took off.
The kittay here probably just has "thyroid issues" which is what we tell my pomeranian so she doesn't feel too bad cropping her facebook pic. I don't feel guilty myself, as I feed HER properly. ;)
Yes, aging on fb is truly fun for everyone! haha
Hey, I wanted to ask if you, being one of my oh-so-witty friends from Britain, has ever seen the BBC show called "Look Around You". I got season one from the library and we watched them this weekend.
They are shorts mocking old educational videos we used to watch in school or on PBS which has (pre-internet style) college courses on it. Funny stuff! It was a little Monty P.-ish. They mentioned how Americans tend to find British people to be hilarious and it reminded me of you and of course Lynn who's also funny.
You probably haven't seen it since you don't do much t.v. but I thought I'd ask in case. :)
Hee hee, Shan. I think 'gutbook' would be a much better idea.
Oh my gosh, yes, I remember seeing "Look Around You" at my brother's once. A splendidly silly spoof of the "educational" programmes they used to show us at school. Having said that, it's probably far more informative than anything on Discovery Channel.
Every single picture that is taken in my family...I remind myself to keep my chin up (double chin alert) and stand sideways and suck my gut in...
Every single one.
Dammit! I wish somebody had given me that advice 52 years ago.
Oh good then you know what I'm talking about! Haha
Maria! Man, I need to find you again. Since switching computers a few months back I have lost all my blog addresses and feeds. I need to make a new list so I can get back on my game. I forget how many little things we do the same like the chin out suck it in pose. Candid shots of me are rarely pleasant! Hahaha
Dive, glad you finally met up with Lynn. Did you two feel like you were old friends or new strangers? You would find me even more stupid in person but hopefully just as silly. :)
Shan, Lynn is such great fun. Yes, we were like old friends and had a lovely time together.
Ha! No way would I find you 'stupid' though I hope I would find you very silly indeed.
Post a Comment