Thank you all for your support and kind thoughts yesterday. And for your heartening confidence in my abilities as a chess player.
Hopefully my family and friends (or what's left of them after Mort's overenthusiastic spree) will be safe for a while as I absolutely pasted Death's ass to the wall at chess last night.
Talk about over-rated! Sheesh! If he can't beat a club-standard player like me then perhaps it's time he thought about taking up Yahtzee or competitive crochet. If Bill and Ted are to be believed (as they should be) he's pretty crap at Twister, too, so don't fear the reaper.
And what a sore loser! The cheeky bugger had the nerve to ask for best of three … and then best of five, the upshot of which is that I am now the proud owner of a rather fetching cowled black cloak and a nifty (and very sharp) scythe. Those will come in handy at Halloween, or perhaps for some macabre-themed gardening. Or maybe I'll just sell them to a goth on e-bay.
So if you see a very grumpy skeleton wrapped in a towel wandering around your neighbourhood or shopping in your local gardening store now you'll know why.
9 comments:
hey, don't underestimate competitive crochet.
x
I don't! It's way too vicious and violent for me.
V for Victory! I hope you didn't send him packing this way. : {
I don't think he was heading across the pond, Shan. I think he was scuttling off back home to get his spare cloak out of the wash.
This explains the skinny, bald, white guy I saw at Home Depot.
I thought I saw him lurking around Walgreens.
We have an errant blackberry bush in our back yard. Maybe we should borrow your scythe....
That'll be him, Petrea.
Ms.M: are you sure that wasn't Elvis?
I'd bring the scythe over but I'm not entirely sure I'd get it through customs.
I'm pretty sure Death is being held hostage in a tree in New England. Have you ever seen the old film "On Borrowed Time"?
Yay! Lionel Barrymore! Sheesh, I'd forgotten that one, Robyn.
Post a Comment