Our hunt was successful and so at long last I am happy to announce my baby brother has joined the select band of smug, grinning guitar players who own a Martin.
I was fortunate enough to buy mine off Christian Martin IV himself, nigh on thirty years ago and I've loved it more and more each and every day since.
Now Phil will experience for himself that warm glow of Martin ownership and the delicious thrill of jealous hatred from mere mortals when they ask him what he plays.
Here he is playing his sweet new baby, a 00016 model. If only you could hear it. Whooee!
And here's my old Martin D18. I love it more than words can express.
See how just holding it makes my chubby cheeks all grinny.
Oh, and in case you thought you'd come to the wrong blog, I got so sick of my photos not fitting within the narrow confines of my old template that - with some help from Petrea - I've faffed around with the layout. Whether I'll keep it this way I don't know, but at least it's wide enough now to fit my fat butt in.


19 comments:
I think it looks good. You and your frater fill the frame fine with your fiddles.
My WV is "unduo," which I believe aptly describes you and Phil.
"Unduo?" Hahahahaha. That would make a great name for us, Petrea.
Many thanks for the help in widening my blog, and a big thank you for the alliteration; you know I love it.
Phil! Yay! That looks like a gorgeous thing to have his arms around.
Love the new header, Dive!
xx Vic
Love the new format! Love Phil and his new baby! We're glad you purchased a fine Pennsylvania product!
Ahh the happy brother faces ease my mind after that political talk. Whew. I LOVE the new look Dive. And I'm so glad you two are digging into the dreamy guitars. :)
Oooooo, Martin guitars! I AM jealous ;-) Glad he got one.
I really like your new blog look, too!
Petrea, I switched on the Mac this morning and my new blog look surprised me. I actually quite like it.
Hi, Vic! Long time no see, my groovalicious pal.
Thanks for the compliment. Coming from a true artist I really appreciate it.
xx
Neetzy, your state has been making the finest acoustic guitars on the planet for 178 years now. You are right to be proud.
I'd lusted after one of these all my life and when Christian Martin IV took over the company in the 1970s he came over to England and held a series of little soirées in rather plush hotels. The dealers from each region invited along a select few players to try out all the guitars and meet THE MAN. He was a real charmer: nervous, self-effacing and not at all used to doing that kind of thing. The guitars he brought over were the finest examples from the factory and of course I went home with one (much to the horror of my bank manager). I have loved it ever since.
Happy memories.
Shan, thanks for liking the new look. I went for "dumb and silly" as I feel it pretty much describes the blog.
Being Mrs. Jamey you well know that insane light in the eyes of guitar players when the lust hits them (and the consequent shock to the family finances).
Ms.M. I'm glad for him, too. I hate to see expensive guitars in the hands of people who can't play them but Phil is a wonderful musician and will do his Martin proud.
You might remember that the MITM is a reed man (tenor, alto, soprano), so when I showed him these pics even he had guitar envy! xoxoxo
(Love the new look, sugarpie!)
Hee hee, Savannah. I think it's a guy thing: I get dreadful sax envy.
xoxoxox
Love the new look, and your grinny pic! You should make it your profile pic for a while.
Don't forget to add "amazing painters" Neetzy. Both you and Mr. Martin do your state a great service.
Thanks, Kate! I'll give some thought to a new profile picture, but I won't be trading one photo of a shiny-faced, balding old guy for another one of a shiny-faced, balding old guy. My butt is my best feature so I might photograph that instead.
Well I will try again. I did pop a message on here but cyber space must have it!!
I said 'That's my Boy's' great photos.
Yup, that's us, still doing exactly the same as we did when we were kids.
Actually, dicking around with guitars is a pretty good way to waste half a century.
Two brothers with their Martins. Nice. (I've made myself laugh there. Do you get it?) hee hee
And I love the new look of your blog. It's almost cheerful.
Thanks, Robyn. I kinda like the new dumb look.
I thought of you when I saw the two Martins together.
A Martin guitar is like a piece of fine art. My brother has a one that is similar to yours. Plus he has 5 or 6 electric guitars all on diplay in his basement "studio."
It's a boy thing, Mark. If we don't have a recording studio stuffed with guitars we pout and whine.
There are photos of my guitars and studio all over the blog if he wants to compare notes and see which one of us is the least likely to attract girls.
Dive, you're downright cute in this picture.
Hahahahaha. Thank you, T. Coming from one so young that is truly hilarious and - I have to fess up - frightfully flattering.
Post a Comment