Saturday, April 30, 2011

Favourite Graf Of The Week

Bugger the royal wedding …
THIS is what it means to be English.

9 comments:

Robyn Martins said...

Great graffiti. I did notice an awful lot of people marching to the palace yesterday, though. Are you saying those weren't English people waving the British flag?

dive said...

Unfortunately we are not all of the Cromwellian persuasion over here, Robyn. I didn't watch the thing so I missed the crowds but I assume many of them were Colonials.
If I had the money I'd move to Paris, where they know how to treat a monarch. Their royals stayed dead, whereas ours came back to life even after we chopped off Chazza's head.
Actually, knowing that we have a zombie monarchy explains a lot about life here.

neetzy said...

Thank God you are not of the Cromwellian persuasion. Love the graffiti! I always teach a graffiti "lesson" at the beginning of the year. If the kids learn nothing else, the quality of our local graffiti should improve!

dive said...

What an admirable idea, Neetzy!
I think you should add courses in grammar and spelling and in basic typography for every kid with a spray can.

Ms M said...

Great cuppa graffiti. Although I understand the private property defacement issue with graffiti, I do like those that are creative and well-done.
I didn't watch the wedding either. But best of luck to them; they'll need it....

Alifan said...

Unlike my Son I watched the wedding and it was really classy, they deserve a good life. The day cheered a lot of people up and we need that at the moment.

Westminster Abbey looked good with trees inside...and the service was moving....

dive said...

Ms.M, I am sitting here with a cuppa as I write. Yum.
Norwich is lucky in that we have specific graffiti walls dotted about the place and a kind of graffiti park behind Anglia Square where the kids have contests. There's an increasing amount of stencil work like this that is much nicer to see than simply tags.

Mum, this must be a new and hitherto unseen definition of "classy."
From what I have not been able to avoid seeing it was a cheesy kitsch celeb-fest, and the image of them driving off in an Aston with a cringe-inducing council-estate numberplate must have induced projectile vomiting the world over.
Thank goodness we have some real news this morning to drive them off my TV screen.

neetzy said...

My mission is to improve the Graffiti of the world! I teach them the difference between tags, throw-ups and pieces. We work on technique and design!

dive said...

That's a truly admirable mission, Neetzy. Your contribution to the beautification of urban areas should be rewarded.