Damn, damn, damn!
I waited a whole year for Spring and we got two days of it and now it's fucking Summer already. Yesterday was the first day of the year when it was so stupidly hot outside that opening the windows was like opening an oven door. I had to keep the windows and curtains shut to cool the house down. At this rate it will soon be time to switch on the smegging air-con and run and hide from the electricity bill.
Bollocks to that. I want Spring back and I want it NOW!
It seems from today's cartoon that Natalie Dee is suffering from the same problem:

13 comments:
I LOVE this cartoon, sugarpie! Lovely weather here in my little town, but then, it is the south! ;~) xoxoxox
I hate hot weather, Savannah. It's truly icky here this week. Let's hope it cools down again soon.
xoxoxox
Ewww, bathing suits in public!
I'd be happy for spring, although I suppose I've got it if oppressively cloudy skies and constant rain is the definition of spring.
Bummer about your weather, Robyn. You can have ten of my unwanted degrees of you like.
Great cartoon! Swimsuits when you're older than your 20s -- bah!
Our weather has been the opposite of yours; we had frost yesterday morning! Not that I want oven heat, but light warmth of spring would be lovely!
I am surprised you put a picture of me on the blog ha ha.. OMG it is so true...
Stop moaning about the weather it will soon get cold again...
Ms.M, I'm sorry to hear you're still getting frost. Brr! But I'm sure the beautiful landscape up there in Boise will make up for that.
As for swimsuits for the over 2os: I've now reached that age when rather than be embarrassed about what I look like I take positive pleasure in grossing out the young and attractive.
Mum, you really need to get back in the pool now the weather is warm again. It's so much better than your yoga.
Moaning about the weather is part of being English. Even when it is perfect we can find something wrong with it.
Thanks! I love the Natalie Dee cartoon.
I wish we had your problem. It was beautiful yesterday and tonight they have issued a frost advisory with possible effing snow in the morning.
Snow? Yikes! The Weather Gods really should get themselves a dictionary and look up the meaning of "temperate climate."
Hahahaha! Oh my goodness, Natalie Dee and you are cracking me up this morning! Swimsuits are just decorative nudity. And the missed a spot shaving reminded me of a fellow mother I saw once at the pool who'd never heard of or bothered shaving for a swimsuit. It was a remarkable display that still makes me laugh when I recall the scene.
As for the heat, BRING IT ON! I'll take that 10 extra degrees and swear never to complain. Winter and being cold are two of my least favorite things. :)
"Decorative nudity" what a wonderful phrase that is, Shan. Hee hee.
Eww for non-shavers in skimpy swimsuits. Over here we call that "clocksprings."
Hope your Spring comes soon.
Clocksprings? HAHA!! :D
That word came from Claire, one of our three girl backing singers, who had a habit of emerging from her cloud of glitter and hairspray in the dressing room and asking (in her Dick van Dyke bad Cockney accent) "Are me clockspings showing?" before hitting the stage.
Ah, the glamour of showbiz …
Post a Comment