Sheesh! The stupid hot weather has brought out the lovely wisteria at St.Giles' two weeks earlier than normal.
So here, thanks to the weather gods fucking things up is some premature floral ejaculation to give your eyeballs a treat.
As per usual, click on 'em to see them properly.
Enjoy!





11 comments:
Wow great as usual. a lot better than mine!!!
Pretty!
Unlike you we're having an unseasonably cool weather. There are 2-day heat waves then it goes back to gloomy. It's already the most unusual summer - and yes, in L.A. April counts as summer.
Mum, they've been training those things for a hundred years so you've got a little time to make up.
Vanda, a cool spell in Southern California is SO NOT going to get my sympathy. Hee hee.
Gorgeous! I've seen some wisteria in Boise, but the climate really isn't suitable for it. So the few I've seen have to be well cared for to survive.
Happy spring! (altho it sounds like you need A/C right now.)
Happy Spring, Ms.M!
I'm curious. You post lots of lovely flowers on your blog but what kind of plants are native up there in your part of the Rockies? Do you have alpine flowers or rhododendrons or what?
I like to fill in gaps on my mental map and Boise is definitely Terra Incognita for me. The closest thing we get to you on TV over here is the occasional documentary on Yellowstone or a Lewis and Clarke reconstruction that was probably filmed in California.
Please fill some of the holes in my dumb mind.
I do love wisteria. I have a mutant one that eats my front porch every year. It is not even trying to bloom yet!
You didn't by any chance buy your wisteria from the Little Shop of Horrors, did you, Neetzy?
I love the image of a mutant wisteria eating your front porch. Too funny!
Boise is a high desert climate and the foothills eventually rise into a mountain climate. So it's dry most of the year with low humidity. Native plants include sagebrush, rabbit brush, Penstemon, conifers, syringa, yarrow, buckwheat, cinquefoil, lupines, to name a few.
But in Boise, we have the Boise River and irrigation canals. So, that allows people to grow plants that otherwise wouldn't survive. Many of my photos have been taken in parks and yards, where the plants are watered regularly. I'll try to get out and take some photos of some native plants and post them on my blog. :-)
Yay! Thank you so much, Ms.M.
That sounds like quite a harsh and exposed climate. I'm glad you have the river to make it more comfortable for plants. I would LOVE to see some of the native species (and some local landscapes, too) on your blog.
Beeeee yooooo tiful!
They are rather yummy, aren't they, Mme?
Post a Comment