Monday, April 25, 2011

Sha-la-la-la-Push-Push …

 Hey! It's Easter Monday, and time to check if my Jesus bread has risen …

Y'all know how much I love Natalie Dee.
Well, now I've got another reason to love her. As a postscript to Friday's post and comments-fest comes this morning's Natalie cartoon.
Ah, there's hope for America yet …


And as it's Easter Monday and He is RIZ, here to celebrate with us is the tackiest and most tenuous Easter-themed song from Glam's own Mott The Hoople: "Roll Away The Stone."
Any band with a guitar player called Ariel Bender gets my vote.
Dig the bad miming and the fabulous backing singers unashamedly crooning "Sha-la-la-la-Push-Push."



The seventies … Dontcha just love 'em?

18 comments:

Alifan said...

Ha ha that has made me smile, the hair was just like mine, and it brings back memories of the 'goat coat'

dive said...

Ha! I'm under pain of death not to post photos of you with Ian Hunter hair, Deirdre Barlowe glasses and Delia dresses, so don't tempt me.

Alifan said...

Wierd...... no not that you mustn't post photos, when I came off here, I went into the kitchen and had Radio Two on (sorry) and they were playing, yes you guessed it Mott the Hoople!

peahen said...

Thanks for that Dive, a real 'feel good' song.

Hello B, I hope you're well. Remember, nothing's a coincidence - there's a meaning there somewhere.

dive said...

Mum, it's a scary world if I'm on the same wavelength as Radio 2!

Pea, it's a "Feel-Old" song. Be grateful you're still a kid.

Shan said...

I see. I've heard R.E.M. say "Mott the Hoople and the game of Life. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." many times but never stopped to wonder what that was.

As for Natalie Dee(hee hee hee), It's not charity if the gov't MAKES you give THEM all the money to do with what they choose. We conservs like to give it on our own and don't wanna go through the Gov't. But I can also see the conundrum as most people have to be forced to give some of their money to the needy. 'Tis true, 'tis true.

dive said...

Woah! Have you been missing out on some quality trash, Shan! Mott The Hoople also did "All The Young Dudes" and "All The Way To Memphis." Awesome seventies glam at its hilarious peak.

As for rich tax-dodgers, I'm trying to get a scheme going here that would be much fairer: instead of taxing the rich, feed them to the poor and hungry. Instantly the world would be a better place.
What's the emoticon for a facetious smirk? Hee hee.

neetzy said...

Believe this! That song was in my head the other day. I did have the album back in the day! I missed the Sha-la-la!

Ms M said...

I haven't heard Mott the Hoople in a loooong time. (don't you miss that 70s fashion sense??) And the Natalie Dee 'toon brought a wry smile, considering where I live....

dive said...

Neetzy, I'm amazed (and impressed) with your serious lapse in taste. Hee hee.

Ms.M, I am sure that when I die and go to Hell, flares and paisley shirts and platform boots will be compulsory.
As for Natalie, do you really have those fundamentalist types where you live? Over here we tend to think of them corralled in the middle of the country with the West as a haven of lefty common sense. Do tell! You are filling in all sorts of gaps in my knowledge of the USA.

Ms M said...

The West coast of the US is the "haven of lefty common sense". The intermountain west, where Idaho is, is conservative and/or libertarian. Idaho is one of the most ultra-conservative states in the US. The state legislature is about 7/8 Republican; all our US Congressmen are Repubs, as is the governor. There are a lot of fundamentalist churches, too, that have strong influence.
The politics are absolutely scream-inducing for me and my husband at times. But we have jobs here and a home. And there is great natural beauty. [And strong drink helps, too ;-)]

dive said...

Thank you for posting the photos, Ms.M.
Your part of Idaho looks a lot like Yorkshire. Beautiful!
What scary people you have to live with. Yikes! Thank goodness for alcohol.

neetzy said...

Oh and York County, Pennsylvania is about 90% right wing Christian fundamentalist teabagger whackos. The Natalie Dee Cartoon is perfect. So sorry I got caught up in the Mott the Hoople moment!

dive said...

America is a truly scary place, Neetzy, and it's all England's fault!
First we exported the Puritans there, by kicking them out of Europe in disgust at their bigotry; then (until we discovered the vast jail that was Australia) we populated the Colonies by shipping over all of our convicts and ne'er-do-wells for hundreds of years.
Little wonder it's such a nuthouse when most of the population are descended from religious bigots and convicts.
Present company excepted, of course. Hee hee.

Shan said...

Oh my good golly!! :~0 I just don't know how I got here! Oh yeah, 'cause I like weirdies!! Tea party people aren't bigots or whackos! The press just tries their best to make them seem that way. Banging head.

dive said...

Hee hee, Shan.
I LOVE the Tea Party. They are welcome to their views and they obviously hold them very strongly, yet for all their passion they are doing far more to destroy any chances of right wing political power than any number of us lefties could ever hope to do. Long may they rant and rave.

Robyn Martins said...

OH MY GOD! That little comic describes the yocals you comment on my weekly columns to a T! Scary. I'll copy it and send it to my editor.

dive said...

Hee hee, Robyn! Yes it does seem that Natalie knows the mad folk who comment on your newspaper articles.