Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pink Stuff

I feel like crap.
In the absence of my brain, here are some cherry trees in Norwich yesterday breakfast-time.

17 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Very pretty, Dive. You don't explain HOW you feel crap though. Just feeling down or are you ill? I wish you better whatever it is in any case.

dive said...

Thank you, Lynn.
I think it's just some post-viral infection thing.

savannah said...

lovely blossoms, sugar! ;-) i do hope you start to feel better soon!
(re your comment: i would, if i could, but i can't and you probably shouldn't either! xoxxo

dive said...

Hee hee.
I'm not, Savannah! I'm being a lazy pig today.
XOX

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Sympathise, Dive. Recently had a viral dizzy, sicky sojourn into that world myself. Ugh. It does clear in the end.

Liked your etch-a-sketch comment very much! There's more British shame over at mine now too. Groan.

Scout said...

ooo, pretty.

GG said...

O-Dive. O-hanami, and, oh, how I miss it. Thanks for lovely images and associated memories.

Feel better soon, Boss. Boiled water, honey and whiskey is what this displaced GG recommends. It will put all ailments to right.

Sleep ye well.
xx

GG said...

And apologies for appalling grammar in earlier comment. Tis v late here in the Colony.

MmeBenaut said...

Ah, GG is in "the colony". Wonder which one that is or perhaps it's a state secret. lol

Adore your pinks Dive. When you feel better, I have some reds, yellows and browns for you at my place.

It's raining, M.B is snoring and a cat is purring. Sounds like heaven to me (yes, I missed him).

savannah said...

come have a listen to holly cole, sugar ;-)

dive said...

Lynn; I had three weeks of a fluey bug that just wouldn't shift and at last it seemed to be clearing up and BLAM! I come down with this.
Crap!
Hey ho.

Robyn: I certainly am (hee hee).

GG!!!!!!!
YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!
Woohooooooo!
God, I've missed you!

O-Hanami has been a bit weird here this year. My cherry trees flowered the same time as Tokyo but these ones are weeks late.
Lovely to see them, though.

Thank you for your nursely advice. I have plenty of water, honey and whisky, but I'll try it without the first two and see how I get on.
How hard would I have to beg for you to restart blogging?

Mme: It's raining here, too. Spring here and autumn there seem to be pretty well balanced.

Savannah: I'm on my way!
XOX

Katie said...

Your juxtaposition of "I feel like crap" and the photos of lovely pink blossoms just cracks me up! Sorry to hear that you've been fighting a bug though; that's never fun. You're a good inspiration for a new blogger like myself to keep at it, even if one feels like crap!

Shan said...

It's good when "pink stuff" is a beautiful blossom and not something you're coughing up from an ailment. We'll let that be the positive side for today.

Sorry you lost your radio entertainment. I would mourn like that if Glenn Beck or Ira Glass(my fav radio dudes) passed as well. :(

You need some immunity back don't you. I'll bet the trains are pretty germ incubators.

Shan said...

Well not "pretty" but pretty good perhaps. Sometimes I don't proofreads me owns writins. :-}

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

That's really bad luck, Dive. Hopefully a few hot toddies later you'll feel improved tomorrow x

dive said...

Thank you, Katie. My eyes are still recovering from the shocking pink leisure suit that guy is wearing on your blog. Yikes!

Shan: Proof-reading takes the fun out of typos.
Radio is so much better than TV. I actually get some US radio over here, via podcasts, so I'm an Ira Glass fan myself, through "This American Life". And even better, we don't get any ad breaks!
My other Colonial regulars are Garrison Keillor, the guys at Car Talk and of course the NY MET Opera live on a Saturday (I can't survive without it).

Thanks, Lynn. I still feel like crap but at least the scotch meant that I felt okay last night (if somewhat hazy).

Maria said...

Okay. I know they are pretty, but I am soooo not into anything outside that is pink. All of my tulips are up finally and every damn one of them is pink....

Feel better soon.