Chuck Heston's dead.
Maybe now somebody will pry that fucking gun from his "cold, dead hands".
What a truly deluded dickwad that imbecile excuse for a man was.
I'm gonna watch Bowling For Columbine and laugh at him.
Dubya: "This here medal is for being an arrogant apologist for the indefensible and helping to make America a haven for nutjob psychopaths and deranged, heavily armed schoolkids."Chuck: "Get your stinking paws offa me, you damned, dirty ape!"

It's just a shame he died of old age and didn't get shot by one of his beloved NRA nutjobs.
Good riddance to bad trash.
12 comments:
Oh goodness i didn't know about any of this. What am i missing? I just thought a good old actor had died. Please explain further to the birthday girl, Dive. lol! Virtual party going on over at mine at Cheltenham. All invited.
I for one will not miss him or his bad acting. I will also not miss his moronic rantings. I think it was Alzheimer's that did him in. That's sad no matter who it takes, but still—good riddance Charlton Heston.
Happy Birthday, Lynn!
Twenty-eight years young!
As for Chuck; hey, you're the journalist. Go dig the dirty (there's plenty of it).
Robyn: Too right.
lol if i get time i will. I was hoping you might shortcut it for me as it's my birthday (birthday smile :) )
one of the things i try to practice in my life is to look at a person's entire life when i hear of their death. i am no huge fan of his acting abilities and yes, heston was indeed an arch conservative, but he also stood with martin luther king when it was not fashionable, he supported civil rights legislation when doing so put him in direct opposition to the establishment. so, like most of us, he was a person filled with contradictions and flaws. so, in this world so filed with violence and hate, i say, dust to dust, ashes to ashes, may god have mercy on his soul.
I've done a quick Wiki on him as i've got a busy day drinking champagne and opening presents, sigh, but this doesn't look too bad.
Heston was known for playing heroic roles, such as Moses in The Ten Commandments, Colonel George Taylor in Planet of the Apes and Judah Ben-Hur in Ben-Hur. Early in his career, he was one of a handful of Hollywood actors to publicly speak out against racism and was active in the civil rights movement. During the latter part of his movie career, he starred in films such as The Omega Man and Soylent Green, which have a strong environmental message. He was president of the National Rifle Association from 1998 to 2003.
I take your word though of course and will look up further later.
Bowling For Columbine? Yes, and listen to "Charlton Heston" by Stump.
Savannah: I do remember him being a supporter of civil rights and then calling for gun control after Doctor King's murder.
But to turn around and say that his behaviour then had been a mistake is pretty sickening, as is just about everything that came out of his mouth from the seventies on.
He has done a tremendous amount of harm and though I don't lik to speak ill of the dead I won't miss him one bit.
Lynn: You're a journalist and you read Wiki? You really HAVE been hitting the birthday drinkies. Hee hee.
Istvanski: I certainly will.
he he i'm Lynn foremost, Dive. I'm not defined by being a journalist alone i hope! he he. It was a starting point. Couldn't find anything wrong with him, apart from his support of owning guns? Is that what you mean, sorry i'm not up on Heston at all. I'm not making light of it; i don't support gun ownership at all, but from your vitriol spitting, i thought he'd murdered at least a hundred puppies or something.
I also hoped he's died by the gun - actually I had hoped he had accidently shot his arms off so he couldn't say "We have the right to bear arms" - tough titty now dead shit - now you don't have any - HA! HA!
Oh dear how nasty of me!!!!!
Well, I miss fucking EVERYTHING when I am stuck laying around flat on my back...
So...he died. God, I hope they don't put him on the cover of People magazine.
For some reason he is forever etched in my memory as Moses - parting the Red Sea!
Post a Comment