God I'm first!!! How exciting - I'm usually bloody last....although I did think I'd be the last comment on Saturday and I've gone and totally missed it. Will shoot back and have a gander.
Sorry about Spring - we have it over here - you'll have to come and get it!!!!
take a mental health trip, sugar! go someplace warm for a weekend. i won't even tell you how lovely the weather isgoing to be today or that i was just outside (430ish inthedamndarkmorning) and according to my weather widget...it's 64f/18c...but i'm not sayin ;-)
It may be stupid, but hey what a fab shot. I wish i'd taken it. For that we can be thankful we still have the weird weather. I'm freezing too, then as the day clears, i sometimes become hot enough to open the window whilst working. What IS it all about i wonder? Do we believe in global warming or is it all hype? Will half-filling my kettle and turning lights off really help at all?
I turn to Dive, who always has the answers. Dive? ;)
Savannah: I'll take your sage advice and lie on the sofa wrapped in a duvet watching old movies set in hot countries.
Lynn: Yes, it will! If you want to do something nice for the boys, switch stuff off at the mains (I know it's a pain) instead of leaving them on standby, change all your lightbulbs to energy-saving types and only put them on when it's so dark you keep bumping into stuff. Only heat the water you need for your next cuppa. Never use plastic bags. Turn your heating right down and put on a pullie. I could go on like this for days …
I do a lot of those things so i'm feeling like i deserve a Dive Gold Star. However, although i do have energy-saving lightbulbs, i have read that, should you smash one by accident, it's highly dangerous, warranting calling those policemen who like to dress up in white paper suits or local council bods with toxicity qualifications or something? Sounds like a scary substance to have in our homes? I turn once again to you, Uncle Dive. Yes i know i'm same age as you but well, you're kind of Uncley aren't you with your bottomless pit of knowledge. he he.
Oh, good grief! You've been reading the Daily Mail again, haven't you? I remember that pathetic scare story. If you smash a few thousand of these things, you'll get around as much mercury as you do in the average kitchen fluorescent lamp. And considerably less than you ingest from eating a can of tuna. That "paper" is responsible for most of the ignorance in this country.
WHAT! It's raining here in Provence but THAT! Maybe the weather is eccentric too. While you have another drink I suggest you meditate on the following: do the English get the weather to match their own way?
(isn't that a mean thing to say, but then being mean is more fun, so...)
PS - Glad you didn't comment on Benno's boyfriend's long stick.
Apparently, it's going to warm up by the end of the week. By which time, it'll be May, more or less. Should I risk putting in the bedding plants I've had for over a month yet?
Well, Dive, whilst i have to read most newspapers over the week, it was in fact the BBC which imparted the dastardly news and to whom you can also vent your spleen, whilst playing it down somewhat they point out the dangers and how one must dispose of the things. he he. Not the Mail on this occasion but i know where you're coming from and it's not my favourite paper. I'm by choice a Guardian reader like you!
BBC article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7172662.stm
Not much point adding anything here 'cause you're probably full of gin. That's your reward for taking such a beautiful photograph of nature at its' simple best.
19 comments:
God I'm first!!! How exciting - I'm usually bloody last....although I did think I'd be the last comment on Saturday and I've gone and totally missed it. Will shoot back and have a gander.
Sorry about Spring - we have it over here - you'll have to come and get it!!!!
I'd love to, Jules.
Pour me a gin and ash and I'll go catch a plane.
take a mental health trip, sugar! go someplace warm for a weekend. i won't even tell you how lovely the weather isgoing to be today or that i was just outside (430ish inthedamndarkmorning) and according to my weather widget...it's 64f/18c...but i'm not sayin ;-)
It may be stupid, but hey what a fab shot. I wish i'd taken it. For that we can be thankful we still have the weird weather. I'm freezing too, then as the day clears, i sometimes become hot enough to open the window whilst working. What IS it all about i wonder? Do we believe in global warming or is it all hype? Will half-filling my kettle and turning lights off really help at all?
I turn to Dive, who always has the answers. Dive? ;)
You educated me yesterday, for sure! Eek. I await your instruction today Dive and i hope it's clean this time!
Savannah: I'll take your sage advice and lie on the sofa wrapped in a duvet watching old movies set in hot countries.
Lynn: Yes, it will! If you want to do something nice for the boys, switch stuff off at the mains (I know it's a pain) instead of leaving them on standby, change all your lightbulbs to energy-saving types and only put them on when it's so dark you keep bumping into stuff. Only heat the water you need for your next cuppa. Never use plastic bags. Turn your heating right down and put on a pullie.
I could go on like this for days …
But it's beautiful. We have had some of our worst snow storms in April. It looks like we'll be spared this year.
It's a sign...you're supposed to stay in and drink spirited beverages.
You're both right.
It's beautiful, which is a good excuse to stay in and get drunk.
Cheers!
I do a lot of those things so i'm feeling like i deserve a Dive Gold Star. However, although i do have energy-saving lightbulbs, i have read that, should you smash one by accident, it's highly dangerous, warranting calling those policemen who like to dress up in white paper suits or local council bods with toxicity qualifications or something? Sounds like a scary substance to have in our homes? I turn once again to you, Uncle Dive. Yes i know i'm same age as you but well, you're kind of Uncley aren't you with your bottomless pit of knowledge. he he.
Oh, good grief! You've been reading the Daily Mail again, haven't you?
I remember that pathetic scare story.
If you smash a few thousand of these things, you'll get around as much mercury as you do in the average kitchen fluorescent lamp.
And considerably less than you ingest from eating a can of tuna.
That "paper" is responsible for most of the ignorance in this country.
WHAT!
It's raining here in Provence but THAT! Maybe the weather is eccentric too. While you have another drink I suggest you meditate on the following: do the English get the weather to match their own way?
(isn't that a mean thing to say, but then being mean is more fun, so...)
PS - Glad you didn't comment on Benno's boyfriend's long stick.
Hee hee. We do indeed, Nathalie!
Apparently, it's going to warm up by the end of the week. By which time, it'll be May, more or less. Should I risk putting in the bedding plants I've had for over a month yet?
Well, Dive, whilst i have to read most newspapers over the week, it was in fact the BBC which imparted the dastardly news and to whom you can also vent your spleen, whilst playing it down somewhat they point out the dangers and how one must dispose of the things. he he. Not the Mail on this occasion but i know where you're coming from and it's not my favourite paper. I'm by choice a Guardian reader like you!
BBC article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7172662.stm
Not much point adding anything here 'cause you're probably full of gin. That's your reward for taking such a beautiful photograph of nature at its' simple best.
Oooo, that looked like you are inside a fridge. It really looked very cold. Keep warm, Dive and have a nice day. :)
Nathalie, that Pole was actually a Yougoslavien !!
Kinda purty....
Post a Comment