Oh! I keep meaning to ask you: have you ever heard the word "corpse" used as a verb? My brother is reading Michael Palins diary (believe it or not) and wanted to know what it means when Palin says, "Cleese corpsed us all in the second act." The Brit with whom I cohabitate had no clue.
Hi Kate: No I did not see the stupid parasitical mad German bint (in case you hadn't guessed I am of the Crowellian persuasion), though I did go past the Parasite House (Buckingham Palace) and take my regular photo for my Royalist blogpal, Lynn.
To corpse means to adlib a line that makes the other person laugh on stage when they're not supposed to. If you watch the many live Python recordings (especially the Parrot Sketch from the Secret Policeman's Ball), you'll see Cleese and Palin cracking one another up virtually every line.
4 comments:
Have a great day boys xoxoxoxox
Did you see the Queen?
Oh! I keep meaning to ask you: have you ever heard the word "corpse" used as a verb? My brother is reading Michael Palins diary (believe it or not) and wanted to know what it means when Palin says, "Cleese corpsed us all in the second act." The Brit with whom I cohabitate had no clue.
We did, Kate.
Cheers!
XOX
Hi Kate: No I did not see the stupid parasitical mad German bint (in case you hadn't guessed I am of the Crowellian persuasion), though I did go past the Parasite House (Buckingham Palace) and take my regular photo for my Royalist blogpal, Lynn.
To corpse means to adlib a line that makes the other person laugh on stage when they're not supposed to. If you watch the many live Python recordings (especially the Parrot Sketch from the Secret Policeman's Ball), you'll see Cleese and Palin cracking one another up virtually every line.
Post a Comment