That's usually the last thing I say on stage before the count-in for the first number.
Or more accurately, I'll grin at the band and say "Right! Let's make a fucking racket! … One … Two … Three … Four …"
I love that moment more than any other. The click of the drumsticks counting in the first number and that last breath before all the lights come up and the racket kicks off. Just a bunch of musicians grinning at one another in anticipation. Wonderful.
So here we go with yet another in my interminable series of occasional blog themes that end up going nowhere: sound files of Old Dive making a racket.
This particular racket was recorded on stage sometime in 2000 with the band that featured Rod (drums) and Sharon (vocals); the folk whose party I'm off to tomorrow night in The Village Of The Damned.
Whenever the singers disappeared for yet another costume change, they would leave the stage to the musicians and we would dick around and have some fun.
This is Rod (drums), Steve (bass), Michael (keyboards) and Old Dive (guitar) fucking up Gary Moore's old tune, "Parisienne Walkway," live on stage.
I've got tons of this crap so I might make it a regular feature.
Better buy some earplugs.
21 comments:
That was very enjoyable - a real pleasure to listen to. Which one did you use fir this, Old Les or..? The tone really cuts through the mix.
Well recorded, well played, can we have some more please?
Cheers, Istvanski.
That was the PRS through the Mesa Heartbreaker (the "Backbreaker").
A crappy old tune I know, but I needed to find out if the audio file thingie worked.
I might post some more interesting stuff another day now I know it works.
How about you?
Dive, that was great!!! More, please!!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me know where to find the code for the little player, Robyn.
Now I can make people suffer! Hee hee.
OH MY DOG! I am in love with you now more than ever! Yes please, more, more, more! I just slid off my seat!
Hmm i'll have to come back on that one, my borrowed laptop has no sound. I'm so fed up. Dive puts his music up here and no i've got no sound.
Can you make this avaiable on iTunes?
I just played this for Bing and she has informed me that she is leaving me for some guitar player in England named Dive who makes her want to make a big fucking racket.
OH COME ON. YOUR A TOTAL ROCK STAR!! Now, do you still play with a group? I guess I need to read some back posts on your music. I think I saw you have a studio? My husby is a guitar player and I feel sure he would be jealous of your Les Pauls and such. I don't allow him a HUGE instrument budget-poor soul- but he still buys lots of studio recording things and makes music on his computer any chance he gets. He's an art/music combo like yourself! :D Oh and Yes, you should sell on i-tunes!! So talented!
h'mmm, if i can get someone to watch ghostface killah maybe we can get hassan the gimpy camera guy to shoot another of his rock videos with you and your guys...i, of course, have to be there as manager, etc...pull in istvanski, rock mum, you know, all the usual suspects!
i'm seein a party happening, sugar! ;-)
Me? My stuff?!?
Are you sure???
OK, if you insist - it's here and here.
Prudence: I am indeed your dog and I love you, too. Hee hee,
Lynn: Time to get a Macbook.
Rich: Yes, but I won't.
Maria: As long as she brings you and Liv along I'm happy.
Shan: Boys with toys. We do like our little studios and guitars. We may not be able to stop growing old but we'll never grow up.
Savannah: "Hassan the gimpy camera guy" … Hee hee hee. That made me laugh so hard!
Istvanski: Woah! TOO MUCH FUN!
Hokay, everybody; you have the links. Get across and enjoy Istvanski's excellent (and very funny) musical œvre. Brilliant stuff!
Love the songs. Love the playing!
Did you really have a mellotron? What an awesomely horrendous piece of kit that was!
Ooh la la! Dive, if I had this as a ring tone for my phone I'd probably never answer the damn thing; this is wonderful and just up my alley (so to speak).
Thank you, Madame.
It seems my choice of song is bringing the old rockers out of the closet.
It's all from a E-Mu Vintage Keys keyboard, Dive. It does a cracking Vox Jaguar organ too.
My mate bought a real Mellotron years ago (he was going through a prog phase). He carried it right up to his top floor flat and many aching limbs later, he switched it on and thought it was crap. Fortunately, the seller gave him a refund.
Dude - you rock!
Dive! It's hard for me to imagine you playing that tune :D Why, it's almost sounded sentimental!
Buggar bum bitch - I can't download it. You don't do it in sign language do you???
Istvanski: The mellotron was the most amazingly shite piece of Heath-Robinson machinery. How on earth people ever kept the stupid things in tune I'll never know.
King Crimson have a lot to answer for.
Shazza: No, I'm afraid these days I totter.
Sentimental, Joy? Mental, probably, but not sentimental.
Jules: Be thankful for small mercies.
I meant - IT almost sounded sentimental. Not IT'S.
You mental? Nah.
Hee hee
Post a Comment