Sunday, April 21, 2013

Yesterday Morning

At last a sign that spring is on its way, even if it is two months late. Blue sky (though cold enough for a ground frost), Castle Blancheflower and a veil of beech buds.

7 comments:

Alifan said...

Lovely…

dive said...

Yup. It was bloody cold, though.

Speedway said...

We got a brisk chill with our blue skies, too. I sometimes think that we need to make a shift in out calendars, to allow for what seems like a 2-3 week lag in the seasonal changes, because it always seems as though the changes begin to show quite a bit later than the dates we assign them.

Petrea Burchard said...

Finally. Just in time.

Ms M said...

Yay! Lovely to see the beech buds "lacing" over Castle Blancheflower.

Vanda said...

Let's hope you guys get a real summer this time around.

dive said...

Speedway, I checked back in my blog and year after year the weather is totally messed up these days. It's like we now have random seasons. Hey ho.

We sure needed it, Petrea, though it's still so cold here that I'm typing this wrapped in a fleece and a duvet with the heating up full.

Those beech buds are about to turn the most gorgeous shade of green, Ms.M. I hope I'm there to catch them at it.

Vanda, I really don't want a summer. Summers here suck as bad as winters. I want SPRING! It's been years since I've had one. I miss it.