Monday, April 22, 2013

WTF Monday - Badger

I've seen my local MP and believe me, I really don't want to "badger" him.

9 comments:

Alifan said...

'Whoops"

Katherine said...

What's an MP?

dive said...

Yup …

Katherine, an MP is a Member of Parliament; a corrupt, arrogant, egotistical, money-grabbing bribe-magnet of the lower house. They spend their careers entertaining lobbyists from the arms trade and large corporations in the hope of a directorship when we manage to kick them out at the end of their terms. Such is modern "democracy".

savannah said...

Is this another case of we really don't speak the same language? I read the sign to mean, to harass or annoy persistently, using badger as a transitive verb. Or did I miss something yet again, sugar? *sigh* xoxoxox

dive said...

Savannah, we are truly two nations divided by a common language.
Yes, "badger" does have that meaning here, too, but of course when I'm out and about with the Breakfast gang (old reprobates who never grew up) everything we see has to have some degree of innuendo and toilet humour and this sign just made us point and snigger. MPs are infamous for the staggering amount of buggery they practiced at school (ex. Eton boys like Cameron and Osborne) so inevitably we mis-read "badger".

The real purpose of the sign is to protest against the government's insane decision to try to eradicate bovine TB by killing all the badgers, because the farm lobby (agrichemical shitbrains) won't admit that the entire problem is caused by their unregulated transfer of infected cattle. The badgers caught TB from the cattle so they're going to kill all the badgers and then realise that the problem is still there and was of their own making all along.

Such is the modern way of government.
xoxoxox

Ms M said...

Thanks for the colorful explanations of "MP" and "badger". :-) I interpreted "badger" in the way Savannah did.

But speaking of innuendo, what meanings does "lush" have in your part of the world?

dive said...

Hee hee. Among other things, lush means drunkard as well as the polar opposites fecund and flaccid, but the stinky soap shop takes it to be short for luscious. Language is a strange beast.

savannah said...

LOL! (for real)

I had totally forgotten about bugger! Thank you for a most enlightening explanation! xoxxox

dive said...

Hee hee. So nice to be able to provoke a giggle across the Pond.
xoxoxox