Tuesday, April 09, 2013

CityShapes - Dolphins


6 comments:

Speedway said...

Would that be the site where the Queen would tie up her boats when on the Themes.

Petrea Burchard said...

I know that! I remember that! I have pictures of that!

Ms M said...

Interesting lamp. A dolphin spiral? Is there a story behind this lamp?

dive said...

This is the shape you'll see on all riverside lamps in Westminster. They change from the more austere City style at Temple Bar (the border between the City and Westminster) and - like all things in Westminster compared to the dull financial City - things get much more fun this side of the line.

Speedway said...

I would suppose the lamps are more austere in the financial district so you won't catch on to the ornate hi-jinks they perform to steal everyone's money. Are the bulbs dimmer, too?

dive said...

The bulbs are definitely dimmer, but only inside the bankers' heads.