Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Random Norfolk - Theatre In The Moat

 Being an arty-farty kind of place, Norwich boasts many fine theatres, but this is probably the most charming: a tiny amphitheatre hidden away at the back end of the Castle Moat Gardens.

The stage is tiny, but the action tends to spill out into the moat.

Here's the "Coming Soon" board. Pop along and enjoy the shows. It's free and there are toilets, coffee shops and bars within a few paces of the top of the moat.

12 comments:

Alifan said...

Norwich is great, but pop along and see the show, think your friends will have a long trip from over the water!

I am loving your posts of late, more like you.. rather than all the ranty ones!!

dive said...

I'm still as ranty as ever but I'm too busy to write right now so instead I'm copping out and posting pictures.
Don't worry; there'll soon be another ranty swearfest to make you hide your head in your hands in shame at your son. Hee hee.

Vanda said...

Oh heck, I'm moving to Norwich!

Wv: fookedbx

dive said...

Come on over, Vanda.
Love the WV! Hee hee.

Robyn Martins said...

HA! Your mother just gave you away! We knew you weren't the curmudgeon you pretended to be, Dive!

The Taming of Shrew by Heartbreak productions—fun.

dive said...

Curmudgeon? Moi? You know I'm all sweet and innocence and light, Robyn. I never swear and always believe my government.
Er …

Petrea Burchard said...

Is it actually IN the moat? And is the castle still there? I need to see this.

dive said...

Yes indeedy. The bridge you can see leads from the park on the left to the Castle on the right. The Castle's been sitting there since 1068 and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon.

Speedway said...

Looks like a wonderful place to enjoy a relaxed evening, especially if there are coffee-laced drinks at hand.

I looked at your drawings and really enjoyed them. Don't mind a few 'peepees,' with or without stiffies.

WV: italingi pasta with an italic accent, maybe?

neetzy said...

Nice little theatre. So they pave moats nowadays?

Speedway said...

I was reading some of your older posts last night when one of them reminded me of a comic named Tom Mabe. A few years back he released a CD of recordings he made of phone calls from telemarketers. Here's a link to one of them

http://youtu.be/-7OgWcwgB50

Of, course, there are a lot more where this came from. I hope you enjoy them. I wish I were as clever.

dive said...

Itaglini sounds yummy, Speedway. Er yes, I apoligise for not warning you about the baps and peepees on display. Ahem.

Neetzy, only small manor houses put water in their moats (to keep fish in for the table). Castles had enormous pits dug around them usually with a lot of mud and poo at the bottom. Things are a touch more sanitary these days.

Hahahahaha! Speedway that is too darned funny. The man's a genius.
Oh, and be careful delving in my archives. Most people would want to wear some for of protective clothing to venture in there. This blog has come a long and sweary way in the past half dozen years.