Monday, March 24, 2008

Buggrit!

Fuck!
I mean, what the fuck is this?
Did I order "I'm Dreaming Of A White Easter", with Bing Crosby as a fucking singing bunny on skis?
No, I did not.
I know we English folk are famous for complaining about the weather, but I WANT SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW!

Say "Hi" to my forsythia.

And my car roof (I've put the poor thing away in the warm garage now).

And the first snowman to be seen in the village in years.

Mum's had her fair share in Suffolk, too.

23 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

You can't deny it's pretty though Dive can you? Your photos are now pretty unique. Wish i'd been able to take some! Happy Blizzter. Groan.

dive said...

Hee hee. Happy Freezter, Lynn!
Luckily the snow is that really fluffy stuff that's perfect for snowballs.
Those poor little kids building their snowman were foolish enough to lob one at Dive, the snowball-meister.
It was a massacre. Hee hee hee.

savannah said...

i am so not going to complain about the weather here, sugar! xox

M.Benaut said...

Crumbs, I saw snow as a baby in 1953. I guess it must have looked like that. It was at night, I didn't think then, that snow could fall in daytime.
You guys have all the luck !

dive said...

Hee hee, Savannah. I shouldn't really complain; it gave me an excuse to go out and pelt the local kids with snowballs. Very cathartic.

You're welcome to it, Monsieur. I tried emailing you some but my computer froze.
Groan … Oh, how I love a truly awful joke.

M.Benaut said...

I heard that a good way to clean a Mac keyboard, (they do get grubby), was to put it in the dishwasher.
A propos to nothing !!
Anyway, groan, we'll have cake in August. I'll drop you a line.

dive said...

I have the new wafer-thin metal keyboards, Monsieur. You can spill as much coffee and wine over them as you like and they come to no harm (says the voice of experience).
Can't wait for August! Cake will be wonderful, though I can't promise you snow.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

That's quite a lot of snow! Look at the depth on your car goodness.

Ahhh you've been out snowballing how very sweet Dive, i love it. The snowman...it's YOUR handiwork isn't it. It has you written all over it.

Scout said...

Finally, it's someone else's turn for snow. I like the way it blends with the flowers--we don't have those yet.

Is that your snowman, Dive? Will it have a scarf and face? and sticks for arms?

M.Benaut said...

I just found something for you, Dive,
« L-Ghid it-Tajjeb »

Hint, I said it in English on your Easter Snow post, but you're not allowed to cheat.

Anonymous said...

Stop it right now! You have nothing to complain about. Over this winter we have officially had 120.22 inches of snow since December. It is now offically the
6th snowiest of all time recorded in New Hampshire. Our snow banks are still 5'-6' high..so stop the crying now! I dont' think we will see the ground until June.

dive said...

Lynn: We've had another couple of inches since then and it's still coming down in those lovely BIG soft flakes.

The snowman belongs to the kids I pasted with snowballs. It's further into the village. Were I to make a snowman it would be unconventional at best and at worst might get me arrested.

Robyn: We have had flowers for weeks. This snow is just stupid. I want my Spring!

Ah, Monsieur! I have a feeling I know what that is, but as I don't speak my native language I'll have to resort to dictionary and phrasebook …
Aha! Happy Easter to you, too!

Prudence! Yaaay! I've missed you! I had a feeling you'd be snowed in. I've been waiting for the photos! C'mon! Get on the case! Hee hee.

Betty said...

We've had a few flurries of snow for the past couple of days, but nothing that's stuck.

Ah well, we can rest assured that once the spring does arrive, you'll be complaining about having to do some gardening I suppose? Happy Eastering Monday, or whatever it's called.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter.
Another I hate snow post.
And here I am dreaming of a white christmas, easter, a freak deluge????
Swap you snow for just about anything.

dive said...

Betty, you have got me well and truly sussed. Hee hee.

You're more than welcome to it, Kate. This morning it was kinda pretty; now it just sucks.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Does all this mean a day off tomorrow Dive?

dive said...

Nope. It means a day of driving through this crap to catch a train that will no doubt be delayed or break down. Hey ho.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Make more sense just to write it off and work from home? :)

Joy said...

I loved it, Dive! I loved loved loved it. I don't usually like snow, but yesterday, it was just darn beautiful. I wish I could have taken photos, but was busy moving. Yep, we moved yesterday, and did some more today. And as we drove past Hewett School on Lakenham Road, I wanted to say to my father in law (driving the 3.5T van), "Stop! I want to take a photo." But I didn't dare.

I hope it snows again tomorrow - then I can ring my girlfriend, ask her to give me a lift round the corner so I can take scenes of white beauty.

Hey, see you Wednesday, ok? Just come straight from the station.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff. I'm planning my ski-ing trip today. You've inspired me.

dive said...

Joy: You should be happy this morning. I couldn't find the road at five AM, so I took a photo, sent it to the office and told them I'd take a snow day.
At Easter!
Hee hee.
Hopefully it will all be thawed by tomorrow night so people can make it to your party.

Kate: I've always wondered where snow came from. Now you've told me what it really is I'm not sure I want to go out in it any more.

Mme: Please come and take it all away. I want my spring!

Maria said...

Ah...welcome to my world, Dive. Ducky, isn't it?

dive said...

More sucky than ducky, Maria. Hey ho.