It's Holy Week and I can't even work up a good rant against the Godbotherers.
Hey ho.
So instead, I shall do what any gentleman surely would under such circumstances and give the ladies another glimpse of cock.
Here's Gary again.
I wonder if Jesus was ticklish.Stuck up there on the cross with his naked feet at eye level I know I'd have been tempted to find out.
Addendum: Katherine has posed some splendidly silly questions today.


22 comments:
Eek! What's that last one? Is it... is it.. his.... foot? I think and pray that it is.
Another fantastic drawing Dive. You have shot up in my estimation for artistic AND architectural abilities with a pencil. wow. That's a hallowed, almost whispered wow you see, i'm that humbled.
Well this was quite a surprise i thought our trip down Gary's body was over. Looks like a book cover to me, yarn about some youth scratching to make a living and residing in some stinky squalid bedsit...hmm...i'll get the pen out.
It is his tickly foot, Lynn.
You are too kind with the compliments (but I love it … hee hee).
And if he inspires another Lynn short story, so much the better!
i hate staring, but...
seriously, a fine hand, sugar! you are a most talented man!
When I saw the last picture I thought "eugh, that really is a loose foreskin. Well, Jesus wouldn't have looked like that, being a Jewish gentleman and all".
You can't believe the relief I felt when you said that it was actually a foot ...
Staring is good, Savannah.
And thank you. Though I prefer the kind of squishy, foreshortened foot. It's the only part of the drawing I was really pleased with.
Hee hee, Betty! It's just a detail blown up from the main drawing.
I did do a series based around Gary's penis and am proud to say that I had that particular exhibition banned from the college foyer!
Those will NOT be posted here, however, as unfortunately I can't find them, dammit! Maybe next time I clean up the attic they'll turn up.
I'm with Lynn. I had to come to comments to find out what that last picture was.
Enough to turn a girl lesbian and its only his foot.
Hey! I like that foot!
Jesus needs to eat a little...he's a skinny dude.
Very nice Dive. Makes me want to run out and take some drawing classes again.
Gosh yes Kate, I kept looking at it and, blown up like that, it looks more like - well, more than his foot. Also ew ew Betty i was thinking the same.
Dive i kind of want you to spend all Easter weekend in the loft looking for that series...and...i kind of don't.
So what happen with you and Gary after the art class was over?
fess up dive!!
I had forgotten the joys of life drawing / painting.
To answer your previous blog, I used acrylics to paint a few hour long poses in black and white acrylics, I used them almost neat out of the tube with a little water to help to cover the page whilst not using tons of paint.
It dried pretty quick if thin on the page. the 'lumpy' areas could be worked for longer if thats what you desire.
I did approx. 200 hour long A1 size drawings, and approx 400-500 5 minute 'quickies' over the years.
Perhaps I should reanimate my blog and scan in a few?
Shazza: Go for it! And post the results for us!
Lynn: Doh! That foot is the only part of the drawing I was pleased with and nobody seems to like it. Hey ho. I just liked the scribbliness (new word?) of the pencil work and the squishiness of the foot between his leg and the bed.
Rich: He went off to drum in his band and I went off to play guitar in mine. Sorry to disappoint. Hee hee.
Mike: You should post yours! They are brilliant. Though scanning in all those A1s will be a royal pain in the ass!
It's about time your blog came back to life. You are the Jedi Master of the Norwich art world and your stuff deserves to be seen.
And I do love working the lumpy areas, so I'll definitely tool up with acrylics on payday and give it another go.
Hehee Dive. I love your irreverence as much as your skill with a pencil.
I think the scribbliness (yes i like that) appeals to you because your drawings are otherwise perfect. I too love it, don't get me wrong, it's just that in close like that, it's not clear what it is and when the subject is a naked man, well, the mind works overtime and...all those folds and stuff (bleck)it's just not good. lol.
Dive,
First, lovely drawings. I'm envious. I can barely sign my name, let alone draw something recognizable.
Second, if you're feeling irreligious, check out www.internetifidels.com and their associated blog http://secularoutpost.blogspot.com
- Lulu
Fabulous, Dive and I rather like Gary's ticklish foot! Hands and feet are notoriously hard to draw so I'd say you've got it down pat!
Pea: Irreverent? Moi? Hee hee.
Good Friday night is Life Of Brian Night.
Get the beers in!
Lynn: You weemen see penises in everything.
My drawings have got increasingly scribbly and abstract with the passing decades. I like scribbly.
Thanks Lulu: As a fallen Christian I like to read "Whore Church". It's fun. I have some nicely irreverent links further down my sidebar.
Thank you, Mme. As a kid I was fascinated by Dürer's drawings of hands (I'm not a telly person) and my schoolbooks are full of drawings of my own hands. Hands are fun to draw.
Indeed hands and feet are difficult but i like them too, Dive. The old Masters would often employ a hand artist of course, fearing the task themselves.
Your foot is superb, once you know it's a foot. Ew.
Nothing wrong with scribbly Dive in my view. My own artwork is very scribbly-sketchy, all loose and languid. I suppose I admire what i can't do so well, perfect and proper DRAWING, like you can.
Lynn, you are too sweet, especially for one with such awesome talent.
The idea of employing a hand artist has brought somewhat inappropriate imagery to mind … ahem.
I admit that I thought that last one was his cock. I kept staring at it and thinking, "Wow. It's been a seriously long time since I have seen a penis, but I honestly don't remember them being that hairless and with so much skin flopping around..."
I was very relieved when I read that it was his foot and went back and took a look and then was embarrassed that I actually thought it was his genitalia....
And isn't it curious that so many of us thought that?
Hee hee hee hee hee!
Only the women thought that, Maria!
Rich and Mikey and I know our arses from our elbows and our cocks from our feet.
Okay, so lots of things (roses, tortellini, Chapelfield Mall) look like vaginas to me, but I don't mind that a bit.
Hokay, and every once in a while I go back to look at your drawings. But I came here to post something about "what if all the waters turned green"? I've seen bright green water and it is not a good thing. Carl and I were cruising on our boat one summer afternoon when we entered a patch of almost luminescent Kelly green water. Carl said it was because the the farmers use too much fertilizer that ends up being washed off into the rivers. This large patch was just off the property of a corn field. So, if the waters all turn green, we will get sick.
See http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/09/blue-green-algae-iridescent-but-deadly/261794/
Post a Comment