Another sign I'm getting old: it's Monday already and I'm sure we've already had a Monday this week … The older I get, the faster time flies out the window and the less I can remember of it.
So; let's have another grapple with Fracas Monday Melee.
1: The Misanthropic.
(Name something - about humanity - you absolutely hate).
This week I have been mostly hating humanity's inexplicable inability to find me sexually attractive.
2: The Meretricious:
(Expose someone or something that's phony, fraudulent or bogus).
The lovely letter I received from my rail franchise operator informing me that they were ceasing the practice of paying us compensation for delays and at the same time raising prices by eleven percent "to provide a better service for commuters."
er …
3: The Malcontent:
(Name something you're unhappy with).
The fact that Guinness Marmite is only to be available for a limited period.
4: The Meritorious.
(Give someone credit for something and name it if you can).
Scarily enough, I'm going to give credit to my IT department. Just lately, they've been throwing new Macs at me as fast as I can catch them. My current tally is four G5 desktop monsters and a new, top end Macbook Pro. Hoorah for IT (something I never thought I'd hear myself saying).
5: The Mirror.
(See something good about yourself and name it).
I look pretty good from four thousand miles away.
6: The Make-Believe:
(Name something you wish for).
The dead to rise up and party (sorry; that's twice in my life I've used that as a verb).
18 comments:
Whats this, dead people at a party? sounds like my kind of party.
Much kisses from the cyber challenged aussie xoxoxox
Hee hee, Hi, Kate. You can bring Bubonic Man to the party.
Boy, will I be glad when your broadband is sorted out!
The idea of of using "party" as a verb makes me wince. I am shocked and appalled.
My computer envy has moved on to become something inexplicable. It's still green, though.
Photos please.
Good morning, Dive. You do look wonderful from across the ocean.
Me too, Robyn, despite having done it myself recently in jest alone i may add. Dive consider yourself admonished and spanked by two of your ladies on here.
Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have used that particular non-verb …
I'd just been listening to Tom Waits' The Black Rider, so you can blame him.
"So come on in
It ain't no sin
Take off your skin
And dance around in your bones …"
So, sorry, Robyn and Lynn.
GG. You're welcome to come over and play with them anytime.
Sassy: My God, are you STILL in love? Snap out of it, girl! No man's worth losing your rantiness over.
You old pro, Monsieur, all those complaints, yet you've got thousands of hot blooded little gurls breathing the first warm breath of springtime at YOOOOOU. You old macbookpro, you. Well done cobber, worth an 11% rise any day.
I think his harem needs at LEAST a 45% rise from him, doncha think M-B?
;)
HI DIVEY BOY! How's the friendship with you and that new gym coming along?
I miss my waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallet!
;)xo
DeGREE! That was supposed to read DEGREE!!! Cut me some slack pleeeeeeeeease? I just woke UP!
;)
My Heavens! What do they put in the water in Australia and California?
Extraordinary!
NATTO!
EW!
Morning dive!
#3 - What's with the Guinness Marmite? Does that mean you found some? If so what's it like?
#1 - humanity? Have the horizons of desperation broadened that much?
Sorry, Dive. It will probably pass soon enough.
Yup and yup, Groover.
And it's disgusting but you just crave more of it (Guinness Marmite, not humanity … that just sucks).
Enjoy it while it lasts, Sassy. You deserve it.
hating humanity's inexplicable inability to find me sexually attractive
stupid humanity.
Since you're always complaining about being in the sexual desert, Dive, you may enjoy some er light relief at my Things UK blog. Not sure if it will help or hinder your plight. lol.
Post a Comment