Neetzy, there are some much more extreme versions growing on the clifftops. I shall have to make an excursion to photograph them. This one is right by the car park for Waxham Great Barn, which I happened to be visiting.
Ms.M: yes, the local trees along the north-east coast are very much like mountain trees. I shall definitely make an effort to photograph some of the more extreme ones.
I wish I had enough hair left to have a bad hair day. Sigh …
Robyn, when I complain (as I do a lot) that the winter here brings gales howling straight down from the North Pole (there is nothing but sea and ice between Norfolk and the Pole), I ain't kidding.
That's Waxham church, Petrea. I'm pretty sure I've not posted that particular tower before, but a lot of the towers look pretty much the same from a distance.
7 comments:
The bushes are actually shaped by the wind. Reminds me of living bonsai. Very cool.
Reminds me of trees you see at the treeline zone when you hike in the mountains. They are sculpted by violent winds.
It also reminds me of a bad hair day, or a hair-raising experience... :-)
Neetzy, there are some much more extreme versions growing on the clifftops. I shall have to make an excursion to photograph them. This one is right by the car park for Waxham Great Barn, which I happened to be visiting.
Ms.M: yes, the local trees along the north-east coast are very much like mountain trees. I shall definitely make an effort to photograph some of the more extreme ones.
I wish I had enough hair left to have a bad hair day. Sigh …
I love this windswept tree. It looks like it's been pushed permanently to the right by a hearty breeze.
Robyn, when I complain (as I do a lot) that the winter here brings gales howling straight down from the North Pole (there is nothing but sea and ice between Norfolk and the Pole), I ain't kidding.
I've seen that tower in other photos of yours, haven't I, Dive? What's it attached to?
That's Waxham church, Petrea. I'm pretty sure I've not posted that particular tower before, but a lot of the towers look pretty much the same from a distance.
Post a Comment