I suppose this could pass for a WTF Monday post but as I'm doing all Norfolk at the moment …
Found this on the notice board of the tiny but perfectly formed
Little Red Roaster coffee bar on Saturday morning, enjoying rather a lot of their excellent selection of caffeinated beverages with Joy and Phil. As always, the place was packed to squeezing room but the quality of the coffee and the food make it all worthwhile. Boffo!
No, we didn't find any nails so it looks like the gross nail depositor got the hint.
12 comments:
I wonder whether it was fingernails or toenails, or both?
Hee hee, Pea. That's too gross for words.
With that's just odd. I can understand being perturbed with the nail-biters, but doesn't posting such a sign put off all the customers? I mean, when you read it, didn't you find yourselves scanning the floor?
I must confess the first thing I did (after giggling and taking the photo) was scan the floor. It was scrupulously clean, so it's probably more helpful for business than not.
If the shop is habitually scrupulously clean, then the clippings might stand out, but Sheesh! I'm just everyday kinda clean and it creeps me out.
Throw a few peanut shells on the floor and nobody will notice the fingernails!
Maybe that customer had way too much coffee....
It is a strange sign!
Speedway, I'm everyday kinda clean, too, but if I'm eating out I'm as fussy as they come about cleanliness.
Neetzy, that's icky.
Ms.M. there's no such thing as too much coffee.
Hahahaha. This would make me think they notice the slightest speck of grunge, yes. Also I think they KNOW who it is and don't like them. :)
I think they must know who it is, Shan; the place is teeny tiny (eight is a crowd) so it's pretty hard to do anything unnoticed.
I just found the note hilarious :D Won't stop me from going there though. They make the best salmon and cream cheese bagel! And thanks for giving me all your Lotus biscuits. Thom liked them so much he got a pack from the grocery! Oh - he also went to the Little Red Roaster and gone an Aeropress and he's loving it :)
Cool! Yay, Thom.
I must confess their coffee is well worth a walk right across the city. The atmosphere is wonderful (almost chaotically informal), the food fabulous and I like the fact that you can't squeeze more than a car full of people into the place.
Post a Comment