Thanks, Petrea. Yes, this is Strangers' Hall. The place is made up of lots of mediæval houses clustered together. The oldest parts - including the great hall - date back to the early 1300s and then the rest kind of grew and agglomerated over the centuries. It has different sections showing life in Norwich in each century, each housed in a building of that period. It's like a smaller, more intimate version of Musée Carnavalet in Paris (I love that place).
That's cool! The first thing I saw was the side of a pirate's ship from a top view, the stuff in the lower left corner being rope, the wood being the planks on the deck. Obviously I am way off, but isn't perception neat?
beautiful photo Dive! I can't wait to teach Fine Art Photo again next fall. I used to teach Black and White. I always had assignments such as shadows, reflections,etc. I might show this!
Katherine, perception is indeed neat. Yours is particularly trippy. Yay!
Thanks, Neetzy. This was not so much a carefully composed photo as as "Ooooh! Looky! Pretty shadows … point and click" moment. I loved doing photography at college. We were all terribly snobby and only worked in black and white, spending hours in the darkroom with filters and dodging and burning our work to ridiculous degrees. Some of us (me included) refused even to use Kodak FP4 paper as it was not "stark" enough, but would only use contrasty and grainy Ilford HP5 paper. Ah, students can be such pretentious arses.
Aren't they, Ms.M? I only wish there had been some stained glass in that window. I love the light it casts.
Hi, Mme! Lynn goes home on Tuesday, all being well. No doubt she will have many a tale to tell. Yes, Norfolk is a beautiful place, full of old junk to photograph.
7 comments:
I'm loving these Hidden Norfolk posts. Is this from Stranger's Hall? When was it built? The web is somewhat cryptic on this subject.
Thanks, Petrea. Yes, this is Strangers' Hall. The place is made up of lots of mediæval houses clustered together. The oldest parts - including the great hall - date back to the early 1300s and then the rest kind of grew and agglomerated over the centuries. It has different sections showing life in Norwich in each century, each housed in a building of that period. It's like a smaller, more intimate version of Musée Carnavalet in Paris (I love that place).
That's cool! The first thing I saw was the side of a pirate's ship from a top view, the stuff in the lower left corner being rope, the wood being the planks on the deck. Obviously I am way off, but isn't perception neat?
beautiful photo Dive!
I can't wait to teach Fine Art Photo again next fall. I used to teach Black and White. I always had assignments such as shadows, reflections,etc. I might show this!
I love the mystery in shadow photos. The shadow designs and the wood grain are striking.
Fabulous ruins and random spots there Dive and Lynn looks wonderful too. Norfolk is so beautiful - lucky you my dear.
Katherine, perception is indeed neat. Yours is particularly trippy. Yay!
Thanks, Neetzy. This was not so much a carefully composed photo as as "Ooooh! Looky! Pretty shadows … point and click" moment.
I loved doing photography at college. We were all terribly snobby and only worked in black and white, spending hours in the darkroom with filters and dodging and burning our work to ridiculous degrees. Some of us (me included) refused even to use Kodak FP4 paper as it was not "stark" enough, but would only use contrasty and grainy Ilford HP5 paper. Ah, students can be such pretentious arses.
Aren't they, Ms.M? I only wish there had been some stained glass in that window. I love the light it casts.
Hi, Mme! Lynn goes home on Tuesday, all being well. No doubt she will have many a tale to tell. Yes, Norfolk is a beautiful place, full of old junk to photograph.
Post a Comment