I know I've posted one of these before but I make no apology as the fence and gates to St.Stephen's churchyard are so cool.
This is right in the heart of the city. The winding path through the churchyard links the Forum to the Vagina Mall (see posts passim) and is a lovely place to walk or sit.
Beware, however, the tea shop in the church. They make (to quote Douglas Adams) "a liquid which is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea." It is brewed by a wizened and bitter old lady as revenge upon mankind for her wizened and bitter life.
6 comments:
Great shadows, Dive. I'd love that painted on the calico that will become my cupboard doors!
Go for it, Vic! Rip those doors off and put up some art.
Marvelous shadows! That fence and its gates are really cool. Are those glass decorations?
I think bad tea can be worse than bad coffee. Douglas Adams was great. I'm sorry he's no longer with us.
Yes, those are glass blobs on the fence and gates, Ms.M.
Douglas Adams is indeed sorely missed. Arthur Dent's reaction to the Universe (and his eternal quest for a decent cup of tea) says more about the English abroad than any other book.
Loved the fence and the shadows it cast. The glass blobs look like tulips and adding pink blobs into the mix is a nice variation.
It cheers me up on sunny mornings, Speedway. The little building you can see through the fence is a florist's kiosk and they've painted it in a similar design to the fence.
Post a Comment