I do like the variety of things people in Paris tend to put on their walls.
Here are a few:
Lots of lovely signage and lamps.
Napoleon (inevitably).
Light.
Exhibition posters.
The Tiffany exhibition at the Musée du Luxembourg was totally awesome.
Er … a giant seahorse with a swim bladder problem.
Sensible advice on what to do with capitalist vermin.
Colonial racism.
A weirdo religious woman unfeasibly happy about her Catholic guilt.
And a nice old iron grille.
Lifesized photos of people (in the basement of the Louvre).
When Katie posted this one we were somewhat bemused by the amount of people who thought the girl in the poster was Katie herself. Hee hee.
Lots of lovely signage and lamps.
Napoleon (inevitably).
Light.
Exhibition posters.The Tiffany exhibition at the Musée du Luxembourg was totally awesome.
Er … a giant seahorse with a swim bladder problem.
Sensible advice on what to do with capitalist vermin.
Colonial racism.
A weirdo religious woman unfeasibly happy about her Catholic guilt.And a nice old iron grille.
Lifesized photos of people (in the basement of the Louvre).When Katie posted this one we were somewhat bemused by the amount of people who thought the girl in the poster was Katie herself. Hee hee.
16 comments:
Nice man purse, Dive.
Where was the photo of light on the wall taken? It's beautiful and looks so familiar.
Yay for manbags!
The light was about three-quarters of the way along the west wall of Notre Dame Cathedral at sunset.
Interesting shots. Was it your first trip to Paree, Dive?
I love the seahorse.
Lynn: I've driven around it in the rain before but never actually stopped to enjoy it. Rather predictably I fell head over heels in love with the place.
Sigh …
Vanda: Me too, though it looks kind of unwell.
An interesting study in contrasts.
The colonial racism one is wild. Where's that?
Fascinating collection! I wish I could see the Tiffany exhibition...
The colonial one is rather eyebrow-raising. It's a wonder it hasn't been graffiti-ed.
"Eyebrow-raising" is a good way to put it, Ms. M. Must be in a museum.
Neetzy: Katie found lots of really weird stuff on walls but I'll let her post that.
Petrea: That's about a third of the way down Rue Montorgueil on the left, just above a café.
Ms.M: The Tiffany exhibition was absolutely breathtaking. They had all the classic pieces plus huge windows and mosaics from all over the world, and all wonderfully displayed with lots of space.
If the exhibition goes on the road you simply must catch it.
Ms.M and Petrea:
If the colonial picture was in England it would have been put in a museum and replaced with a similar picture of the two of them sitting down together to share a cuppa (see this post for a real example:
http://smallglassplanet.blogspot.com
/2009/04/964-little-rays-of-
sunshine.html).
In Paris the picture sits unmolested and seemingly ignored right there on a very busy street. Hoorah for that!
I love how bizarre the seahorse looks above the mannequin brain grabbers previously featured. Together that is a WTF monday post by itself.
The light one was cool too. I can see that really catching on for Christmas decor.
I'll have to do a post of all the stained glass windows. I took way too many photos of them.
The Mannequin Brain Grabbers would be a good name for a band.
I definitely like all the exhibit posters around Paris. Great way to find out what's going on!
Yes, please post some of the stained glass windows!
Your post about the politically correct changes of the "coffee" label was quite interesting.
And Mannequin Brain Grabbers is an excellent name for a band...
I think the Mannequin Brain Grabbers is the name of the band in the music video on your coffee gunk post, is it not?
Dive, dear Dive, my word verification is "twition."
Katie: There is so MUCH going on it would need an army of people to see it all.
Ms.M: I may well have to do the stained glass post in two parts as there are so many photos.
Petrea: Coffee gunk is such a lovely description.
Post a Comment