
Do click on this for fuller appreciation of the splendid penmanship. Cartoonists just don't seem to bother these days … sigh.
Anyhoo, I knew there was a reason I'd collected all those old Punch magazines: they make great fodder for caption competitions.
Yes, I know I am sick but I couldn't resist.
The original caption for this one read:
Grannie (anxious to be allowed to read in peace): "And what are you going to do now, my dear?"
Elizabeth: Well, Grannie, I've thought it over, and I've decided to devote myself to you till bedtime."
Don'tcha just love kids?
Me neither.
And this one doesn't even bother to explain to her grandmother just what she's doing skinning a puppy on the hearth.
Hey ho.
Any better captions gratefully received and giggled at.
3 comments:
I can't top yours, Dive.
My WV is "fights."
What's that other animal on the floor? A dead rabbit?
Petrea: Yikes! I'm not sure I want belligerent word verification.
Katherine: I'd kind of assumed that was a skinned puppy with its bloody pelt in front of it on the girl's book.
Eww!
Post a Comment