Hee hee. Don't hit me. It's a big old silver birch that sits at the bottom of the moat beside Norwich Castle. I walk by it every Saturday morning on my way to breakfast with the gang. This morning the sun hit the leaves on the side of the moat and I thought it might make a nice picture.
Hi, Joy! I've been a little disappointed in it so far, especially since the storms this week blew most of the pretty leaves off the trees. Early November is usually a riot of colour around here but a lot of the trees I usually like to photograph are bare already. Ho hum. Perhaps next year.
great shot, sugar! i have some fantastic shots from the tea garden in golden gate park of cypress and redwood trunks. it was a gorgeous sight being up in the wine country during the fall. we'll be posting photos sooner or later. xoxox
Aah. You are right. In terms of colour, last year's autumn was much better. However, when it comes to the weather, I thought this year was how autumn should be - longer than 6 weeks and not too wet :-) I love the mild temperature and it looks like I'll be wearing knee-length skirts and flipflops for another month! Fab!
I agree with Lucio. This composition is very Klimt-like. There is a positive/negative space battle happening. I do love it. We had a beautiful autumn but the peak of it happened during my swine flu episode. I painted one day, a quick sketch. I'm afraid this fall's paintings will be primarily photo inspired.
Joy: You would wear flipflops in the arctic! It may be sunny this weekend but it's too bloody cold for me. Brr!
Lucio: Klimt would have added boobies.
Neetzy: Yay for Negative Space. Hee hee. The bark does have a kind of odd two-dimensional look to it, making it hard to tell whether it's in front of the leaves or behind them, seen through a gap. Bummer about the swine flu. I look forward to seeing the next crop of paintings.
Hee hee, Petrea. Yes indeed, I do wander through the castle moat every Saturday as it is a rather delightful shortcut across the city that very few people know about. Appallingly English, I know, but also very pretty.
That is a really neat pic Dive. You and Katie have very different photog skills but both are great. I have 0 so I can appreciate.
I so wish I was running around San Fran with K and A right now.
I'm lazy to get back to my blog but I thought it would be funny for you to hear Grahm's "English" accent. He has an Aussie type accent that he uses interchangeably with any sort of British one. He watches a show with an Aust. adventure guy more often than Harry Potter or any other Brit thing(and we don't have BBC channel anymore-boo) so it tends to dominate. He is a good mimic when he hears something though. :) He's such a happy boy and one smart cookie. I love him madly of course.
Now that I've started a talent theme I don't know what to do for mine. Eh oh. Oh well. :D
Shan: Ratchet's English accent was superb. Hee hee. There was definitely more than a touch of Aussie in there; he sounded like some of the Aussie temps we have in the office. There was also just a touch of the greatest English accent of all time: Dick van Dyke's chimney sweep in Mary Poppins.
As for your own super-talents: you have too many to list, but rock star, documentary maker and strange, disappearing ghosty head in Muppet video are three of my personal favourites.
18 comments:
Great photo! It's sort of like an optical illusion—you have to focus to see exactly what it is.
Er … It's a tree, Robyn.
Hee hee. Don't hit me.
It's a big old silver birch that sits at the bottom of the moat beside Norwich Castle. I walk by it every Saturday morning on my way to breakfast with the gang.
This morning the sun hit the leaves on the side of the moat and I thought it might make a nice picture.
I think this is the best fall we've had since 2003. Whatcha think?
Hi, Joy!
I've been a little disappointed in it so far, especially since the storms this week blew most of the pretty leaves off the trees. Early November is usually a riot of colour around here but a lot of the trees I usually like to photograph are bare already.
Ho hum. Perhaps next year.
great shot, sugar! i have some fantastic shots from the tea garden in golden gate park of cypress and redwood trunks. it was a gorgeous sight being up in the wine country during the fall. we'll be posting photos sooner or later. xoxox
Ooooh! I look forward to seeing those, Savannah!
xoxox
Aah. You are right. In terms of colour, last year's autumn was much better. However, when it comes to the weather, I thought this year was how autumn should be - longer than 6 weeks and not too wet :-) I love the mild temperature and it looks like I'll be wearing knee-length skirts and flipflops for another month! Fab!
Ah, my favourite tree at my favourite time of the year. .... Or is it a never before seen Gustav Klimt? A truly evocative little image, Dive.
I agree with Lucio. This composition is very Klimt-like. There is a positive/negative space battle happening. I do love it. We had a beautiful autumn but the peak of it happened during my swine flu episode. I painted one day, a quick sketch. I'm afraid this fall's paintings will be primarily photo inspired.
I had to do a double take! Really nice photo, Dive.
Joy: You would wear flipflops in the arctic! It may be sunny this weekend but it's too bloody cold for me. Brr!
Lucio: Klimt would have added boobies.
Neetzy: Yay for Negative Space. Hee hee. The bark does have a kind of odd two-dimensional look to it, making it hard to tell whether it's in front of the leaves or behind them, seen through a gap. Bummer about the swine flu. I look forward to seeing the next crop of paintings.
Cali: You are too kind.
It's a wonderful photo, Dive.
I'm stuck on the image in my mind that every Saturday you get to walk by a castle with a moat.
I'm glad you're better, Neetzy.
Hee hee, Petrea. Yes indeed, I do wander through the castle moat every Saturday as it is a rather delightful shortcut across the city that very few people know about.
Appallingly English, I know, but also very pretty.
That is a really neat pic Dive. You and Katie have very different photog skills but both are great. I have 0 so I can appreciate.
I so wish I was running around San Fran with K and A right now.
I'm lazy to get back to my blog but I thought it would be funny for you to hear Grahm's "English" accent. He has an Aussie type accent that he uses interchangeably with any sort of British one. He watches a show with an Aust. adventure guy more often than Harry Potter or any other Brit thing(and we don't have BBC channel anymore-boo) so it tends to dominate. He is a good mimic when he hears something though. :)
He's such a happy boy and one smart cookie. I love him madly of course.
Now that I've started a talent theme I don't know what to do for mine. Eh oh. Oh well. :D
Beautiful autumn photo. I like the banding on the trunk and the colorful leaves. And it's by a castle... that is extremely English :)
Ah your Dad's favourite tree..lovely..
Ms.M: We have more castles than we know what to do with over here. They're cold and drafty and a real pain to dust.
Mum: Yup.
Shan: Ratchet's English accent was superb. Hee hee. There was definitely more than a touch of Aussie in there; he sounded like some of the Aussie temps we have in the office.
There was also just a touch of the greatest English accent of all time: Dick van Dyke's chimney sweep in Mary Poppins.
As for your own super-talents: you have too many to list, but rock star, documentary maker and strange, disappearing ghosty head in Muppet video are three of my personal favourites.
Post a Comment