Friday, November 06, 2009

500 Words XIV - This Week's Sentence

Yikes! It's Friday already.
I suppose now that I'm recovering from my vacation I'd better get back to the discipline of writing a 500 Words piece.

After yesterday's visit to Stohrer, we'll stay in Paris for this one and take our sentence from Dickens' 'A Tale Of Two Cities'.

The sentence is:
"Through the rusted bars, tastes, rather than glimpses, were caught of the jumbled neighbourhood; and nothing within range, nearer or lower than the summits of the two-great towers of Notre-Dame, had any promise on it of healthy life or wholesome aspirations."

If anyone out there is still remotely interesting in taking part, I'll collect up your stories for next Thursday.

Have fun

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to have you back dive. I'll try to get to this one this weekend - I've been a little sluggish in posting as of late!

Todd

Alifan said...

Not many takers this time!!!!as you know I could never take part, as never learned my English, as you often remind me......!!!!!!

dive said...

Todd: I'm not sure I'm fully back yet; my brain's still on vacation.

Mum: You could cut down on the exclamation marks, too!!!!
OW!

neetzy said...

I wish I could participate. I had a lot of fun. Time is the problem.

Unknown said...

One of these days one of you will have to show me how to link stories into posts. For now, if you get the chance and want to see my attempt at this assignment, c'mon over to the wondering robot and check out my story, The King and the Nightmare.