Friday, November 20, 2009

500 Words XVI - This Week's Sentence

This week’s sentence is taken from ‘American Notes’ by Charles Dickens.

The sentence is:
"He had ordered 'wheat-bread and chicken fixings,' in preference to 'corn-bread and common doings'."

Sounds like my kind of menu.

You know the rules.
Have fun with it!

Oh, news just in: Vanda's got a great new story which I've appended to yesterday's post. Pop back and check it out!

9 comments:

Vanda said...

You are really on a French roll. (nyuk-nyuk)

Hey so, I actually completed the last to challenges by rolling them into one. Since it's still Thrusday over here, I'd like to submit: Here.

Alifan said...

Mornong, hope the head is better. x

dive said...

Heehee, Vanda.
Yay for your glorious story! I've attached it to yesterday's Story Time post for folks' coffee-time delectation.

Mum: Afternoon. A lot better, thanks. I've stopped vomiting (twelve hours is enough) and screaming, the hallucinations have died down and I am moving slowly about the house building up the courage to try to hold down a bit of dry toast.
I'm at that stage where I am just about ready to murder those morons who claim they suffer from migraines when all they get is bad headaches.

Vanda said...

Ugh, migranes. Yuck. I don't get them, only cluster headaches, with mild nausea. You have my sympathies.

dive said...

Thank you, Vanda. Those things truly suck.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Oooh dear I get them too. It's instant out-of-action time. It's truly awful so I sympathise. I don't get the sickness though, but I do feel it along with the head from hell, the zig zags and cut vision. Ugh. I dread them.

Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Ms M said...

I hope the migraine has passed and you're back to your chipper self. :)

dive said...

Thank you, Lynn: Yes, much better, just trashed and wasted. Those things really take it out of your system. Sheesh.

Ms.M: It has passed, thank you, and I'm about half-way back to being me. The walk into the village now exhausts me rather than invogorates me, though that will change as I recover.

Unknown said...

Well definitely good to have the coffee-house stories flowing through our brains!

I've been so bad at this French-month, just been overloaded. Please forgive me s'il vous plait.

For this week, I did try to make it up to you guys by posting my workshop entry for class - it's titled Peter the Lionheart and was a little tough to write - check it out HERE

Trying desperately to catch back up - can't believe I missed the Witchcraft AND the Peg Leg!!! /bangs head on keyboard

PS authentication word was iloofie, think that's a term to refer to one self when in a daze, "Sorry I didn't make last weeks exercise dive, iloofie."