Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wisteria Weekend

Here are some photos of the glorious and gnarly old standard wisterias in Saint Giles' Churchyard in Norwich.
I posted some last year but the weather was crap.
Today we have blue skies so here they are again.

All city centres should look this good.








No need for captions.

13 comments:

Scout said...

nope, no need for captions. It's all beautiful.

MmeBenaut said...

No indeed. Looking at those beautiful photos, I could actually smell the wisteria. I love these flowers. I must plant one.

dive said...

It was rather gorgeous, Robyn.

Mme: Whatever you do, plant a grafted one from Japanese stock. That way it should flower from the first year. Otherwise you might have to wait up to seven years for your first beautiful flowers.

savannah said...

lovely, absolutely gorgeous, sugar!

Katie said...

Really wonderful photos. I like the all the buildings and the church too. Such great architecture there!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Agreed. Stunningly beautiful Dive. Really love these photos.

dive said...

Thank you, ladies.
Katie: Norwich is full to bursting with beautiful buildings.
If you head on down my sidabar to the "Norwich" label you'll see a whole lot more.
Unfortunately there are loads of posts in there and the best ones are probably some of the oldest but it may be worth a trawl through there to see some really old and pretty stuff.

Katie said...

Dive I'll happily trawl through your blog looking for gems, architectural and otherwise! I started already by theme, and very much enjoyed the Not Dating series (I can sure relate!). I thought you were too kind to the Greeting Card Industrial Complex vis-a-vis Valentine's Day though. Tell us what you really think!

dive said...

Oh, crikey!
Hee hee, Katie; you certainly started in a fun place!

Jules said...

A pictures paints a thousand words don't they say!!!

No wisteria here just frangipani and rotting fish!!!

dive said...

Ooooh! Rotting fish! Yummy!

MmeBenaut said...

OK - will look for grafted from Japanese stock. Tks.

Maria said...

I think wisteria is such a beautiful bloom. It is all fragile and dainty and soft.