As Maria is taking a - hopefully very short - blogging break and she is my usual mine of memes, I am grateful to Savannah for leaping to my aid and coming up with this one:
5 Things in my bag:
My iPod, without which I could never survive long-distance commuting.
My Macbook Pro; the widescreen 17-incher for watching DVDs … er … I mean working … on the train.
A shoehorn.
An old woolly scarf I roll up as a headrest on the train (seven hours a day is a long time to sit up straight in a crappy seat built for a midget).
Pens … Lots of pens. The little buggers seem to breed in there.
5 Favourite things in my bedroom:
Old Les. Nuff said.
My bed, with clean, fresh linen and gloriously yummy goose-down pillows. Sigh.
My Bose radio.
My exercise bike. It's set up by the window so I get a nice breeze when I'm pedalling away.
The fifth favourite would be a toss up between an old lava lamp in the shape of a spaceship and a big old retro, forties-style chrome fan; I'll plump for the lamp in the winter and the fan in the summer.
5 Things I have always wanted to do:
Be a spaceman.
Travel the world and look at stuff.
Er … I think I've done everything else I wanted to do, so let's add the three I'd like to do next:
Have sex with girls.
Be happy.
Die.
I think I'll manage one out of three.
5 Things I'm currently into:
Learning Japanese. As I'm kinda just filling in time, waiting for death, I thought I'd better find something pleasantly futile to do to use up all those hours. And then I really got into it. Hey ho.
Playing guitar.
Trying to get a date.
Making it through each day without screaming too much.
I suppose I've got sucked into blogging, too.
5 People to tag:
You know I don't tag.
19 comments:
i love it, sugar! glad to be of service ;-)
xoxox
Thank you for riding to my rescue, Savannah.
xoxox
What a fun post to read right before going on vacation! I can't believe your commute; I can practically fly to Minnesota in the time it takes you to get to work! (Well, not quite.) I finally have an iPod (it was free -- interesting story), so that will help, especially if I get stuck next to some boob who wants my life story. I wonder if we have even 1 iPod song in common?! Lots more I'd like to comment on, but alas I have to go get some coffee and finish packing before heading to the train to the airport. At least they have computers in MN so I can keep an eye on you!
A free iPod! Cool, Katie!
Have a safe trip.
Enjoy the Minnesota Nice accents.
I'll be doing a post on Friday with some recommendations for podcasts in response to your recommendations (having spent the morning giggling away to "Wait, Wait! Don't Tell Me!").
Bon Voyage!
Hmmm...there must be a one way pen portal from my bag to yours. Enjoy London dear pens! I'll send more soon I'm sure. ;)
that was a fun little meme Dive/Savannah.
Pens do seem to multiply. So do pencils, which I prefer. Why do they do that, I wonder?
Ok, one more comment before I head to the airport. Cool that you're enjoying Wait Wait! I think it's a fun way to laugh at the news each week (better than crying, which is often what I feel like doing). I look forward to your podcast list; more things to add to the iPod! (The free iPod was for doing a photo shoot for a high-end Japanese vending machine company--favor for a friend. The photos were just for a presentation; but I agreed to any use, so maybe I'll end up on the side of of an airport vending machine in Singapore or something!) Oops, speaking of airports, don't want to miss my flight!
Shan: Thanks for all the pens. I'm glad you don't chew the ends. That's so icky.
Hee hee.
Pencils are highly sexed; they've got wood all the time, Robyn (groan).
Have a good flight, Katie, with no delays and small, quiet people all around you.
The Japanese put EVERYTHING in vending machines! From tinned bread to comic books to used panties for perverts. I only hope yours sells something nice!
IS IT THURSDAY YET???
Not on this side of the world, Prudence.
Hey! You'll get a bonus guitarist tomorrow. What a generous old cove I am.
Hee hee,
Have sex with girls? It may be safer if say "women", otherwise you'll seem like a pervert.
Rich: any woman under about sixty-five is a girl to me these days, just as any girl under around thirty-seven is an icky kid.
Somewhere in between the two would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I was kind of thinking, "Have sex with girls? Okay. Does that mean he is having other kinds of sex right now or no sex at all?"
You don't have to answer that, Dive. It just kind of popped into my head.
Groan.
Katherine: I'm a fat, ugly, balding, middle-aged man. I've not had sex in millennia. I used to moan about it a lot more (check my archives … sheesh!), but these days I just sigh and get on with the ironing.
Robyn: Sorry.
Could you come down here and do my ironing please? Just joking. Very interesting - especially the lava lamp. I haven't seen one of those for about 35 years! I guess that makes me a girl and not an icky kid. Hee hee.
Five things in my bag:
Mobile Phone
Car & house keys
Wallet
Tissues
Lipstick
Ew! Moblie phones! Ick!
Boy, do I wish I'd been born in a generation before telephones, Mme.
Moblie? Mobile!
Typo hell strikes again.
Ok - first of all, how big is your bag???
Trying to get a date? Hmmm... I've got someone in mind...
Post a Comment