Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Outstanding

I'm too busy to write today so in response to Lynn's frenzy of swimsuit photos I'll re-post this pic of Young Dive in what passed for Speedos in the early sixties.
Don't worry; there'll be no shots of Old Dive cozzied-up.

This brings back yet another memory of the late and sorely missed Humphrey Littleton and his wonderful deadpan innuendo whilst hosting Radio Four's "I'm Sorry, I Haven't Clue".
That week the show was coming from Brighton and good old Willie Rushton was a team captain.
Humph piped up with "As we're by the sea today, the teams have come dressed in rather fetching swimming costumes and I must say Willie's are particularly outstanding."
Hee hee.

20 comments:

Scout said...

hee hee hee

I liked this picture the first time you posted it—you're so industrious and determined.

savannah said...

that picture looks like a print ad for a beach holiday, sugar! re the loss of mr littleton - "deadpan innuendo" is almost a lost art. although, last night, craig ferguson was hilarious with that same sort of humor! xoxo

MmeBenaut said...

Soooooo cute!

Looks like the challenge is on. Tomorrow might have to be swimsuit day!

dive said...

Industrious and determined? Well, I soon grew out of THAT, Robyn!

Savannah: I know it's dreadfully un-PC but I do love a bit of gentle smut. Hee hee.
XOX

Mme: Scrivens! The inhabitants of Blogville in their scanties? The stuff of nightmares!
Brr …

dive said...

Present company excepted, of course!

M.Benaut said...

There's no doubt about you, old son !!

Sounds like you could be in for a shock ? !! ?

Hmmm! One shall wait and see.

Shazza said...

OK...which what is you? The little blondie or the one mooning us?

dive said...

Monsieur, one can only hope that nobody takes up the challenge.

I'm the little blondie, Shazza. The fat butt belongs to little brother Phil and that's cousin Claire in the middle.

Shan said...

Ahh cute! I don't have this photo scanning technology you guys seem to be utilizing so that gets me off the hook on swimsuit looky loos. Whew!

I do these innuendo things all the time but they are rarely deadpan and they are almost never on purpose.
The other day my fam was watching Spiderman 3, and I was surprised when I knew something about S.man from the video game. So... I got a little TOO excited (dorky Mom style) and yelled "OH LOOK G****! HE'S USING HIS BALLS TO FIGHT WITH! I was of course talking about balls of webbing but fortunately he was too into the movie to notice my rude observations. Ha.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

that's a great pic dive. is that cape cod?

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

LOL ! Oh go on, Dive, get your baggy shorts on, cast off yer shirt and let us see he he.

This photo is lovely. Instantly brings back memories of seaside days...

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Oh no you don't, Shan; that's no excuse. I haven't used a scanner once! I have simply photographed old photos. So there...tomorrow then? :)

dive said...

Hee hee hee, Shan! That made me wince and cross my legs. Yikes!

Rich: It's not even Norfolk, but Whitstable in Kent, where we stayed for hols when we were nippers.

Lynn: Not a chance! Hee hee.
That's another great photo by the way. What a babe!

Shan said...

I think Lynn could be my long lost UK twin in this one so she can model for us both! touche' She's better with the dreamy poses anyway. I always look drunk when I am going for dreamy. Well, I'm off to see if Mme B has her bikini on yet. What has happened here.

pilgrimchick said...

I heard a lot about the loss of Mr. Littleton even over here in the US. I don't know how many people here were aware of him, but I think there was an available Podcast of his show, though, although I may be wrong.

Nice speedos.

Katie said...

This photo just made my day! Are you pretending to be in Egypt building a sand pyramid? Not sure if I'll take you up on the challenge to find a swimsuit photo, but I have plenty of me in ugly Speedo tank suits from the early 70s when I was on a swim team. Not exactly the sexy bikinis you're probably looking for.

Jules said...

Sooo cute Dive. In Australia we call those swimmers "Budgie Smugglers".

Of course some budgies are bigger than others!!!!

Swimsuit Day - what fun!!! I'm off now to change my photo!!! Luckily it is very dark outside at the moment.

dive said...

Shan: Mme has totally thrown down the gauntlet! Woohoo!

Hi, Pilgrim. Most of Humph's shows are available on CD from the BBC and Amazon, together with all of his music.
I love to listen to while driving, which is a little stupid as I laugh so much I can barely stay on the road.

Katie: We were trying to tunnel our way to Australia.
And your swim team shots sound the perfect thing! Go for it! Be brave!

Budgie smugglers. Hee hee hee, Jules!
I think you should join us in the swimsuit challenge. You can hardly use the excuse that your climate is too cold for that kind of thing.

Maria said...

You look like a little Troy Donahue...

Joy said...

This photo was cute when I first saw it, and still is. Do you sometimes wish you were young again?