Saturday, May 17, 2008

Banana Flavoured Filler Post

A couple of days back, Jules posted a banana flower to show kids where they come from (bananas, not kids … that would be a whole other post).

Banana flowers are pretty … er … disgustingly sensual things.
As I've been too busy to blog for the last day or so, here's a quick filler post starring a banana tree from our old garden in Portugal (the one in the post-before-last).

Yes; for those that might not know; this is a banana flower.

Bananas appreciate a little foreplay.

Ming The Menstrual in a fruity hat.

24 comments:

M.Benaut said...

'Morning Dive,

Happy Saturday. I see you slept in till 7 this morning?
Hope your day is bright and shiny.
Meanwhile at 1600h. here, I'm playing your great blues and thinking about bananas.

Nice post. There's been a lot of bananas 'round lately.
Fried ice cream with bananas; now there's a healthy breakfast !

Full said...

The banana plant is a shrub and it actually walks. Honestly!

dive said...

Bonjour, Monsieur.
Actually, I've been up and about since a little before five, playing GTA4 (er … doing housework).

Fried ice cream, eh? Healthy and nutritious.

Phil; this one went for runs around the garden.
I'm about to leave for the city to meet you for breakfast.
Remind me to buy bananas on the market.

Vic said...

When we started sex ed in high school the class was given plastic bananas to practice rolling condoms onto. Go figure. You heard it from a lesbian.

GG said...

Gosh, Ming looks very different to the image I had in my mind. Smoke isn't pouring from her nostrils, nor is she breathing reams of fire. (Is that correct? Reams of fire?) Anyhoo, she looks rather placid to me.

dive said...

Wow, Vic. We never had sex ed. We had to practice on girls and find things out the hard way.

Placid, GG?
The fractures in my skull and jaw still hurt like hell in cold weather. The woman was an expert in emotional and physical abuse. The fact that she now runs vast swathes of the country's tax system bears witness to her continuing cruelty.
Yeah, she looked good, but that's not much compensation.

GG said...

Crikey, Dive. Didn't realise it was that bad. I'm so sorry.

I also learnt condom application on a banana. Quite bizarre thinking about it now: A class of giggling 13 year old Catholic school girls flicking condoms around and rolling them onto bananas...

dive said...

GG: It's my own fault for putting up with it for sixteen years. Hey ho.

I'm glad I didn't go to Catholic school. Learning on real girls was so much nicer.
The trouble is, I've forgotten most of it now.
Damn!

GG said...

Hehe, I also enjoyed learning how to put a condom on the, er, real thing.
I haven't forgotten how, but there are few opportunities to do it these days.
Damn!!

dive said...

Hee hee hee.
Sigh …

Scout said...

Is that Old Dive getting frisky with the innocent banana plant?

dive said...

It is. Bananas have that effect on me.

savannah said...

happy saturday, sugar! i love these strolls down memory lane! xoxox

Katie said...

These photos remind me of when I spent 10 days in Madeira in the frigid winter of 1985 (I was on break from my studies in Paris). There was a banana plantation near the hotel, so I ate a ton of fresh bananas during my stay. They were the teeny-tiny variety, so they wouldn't have been a good size to use in sex ed class (the girls would have laughed and the boys would have been horrified and it wouldn't have been pretty).

dive said...

Happy Saturday to you too, Savannah!
I sure wish I were in your neighbourhood this evening to enjoy your Shakespeare In The Park.
Have fun!!!

Madeira's a beautiful place, Katie.
And girls laughing and boys being horrified is what being a grown-up is all about … or have I been doing something wrong all these years?

Katherine said...

OHHHHH HO HO HO HO! Nice visual LMAO. I didn't even KNOW banannas had flowers, never mind that they look so genital-like! You are just such an educational resource for me, Dive!

dive said...

Ah, botany can be so sensual, Katherine.
Hee hee.

Maria said...

I sat there blushing when I looked at your first photo...it just looked so....so...naughty.

And I, too, thought that Ming had snakes on her head at the least.

I never had to put a condom on a banana nor have I had to put one on anything else. The few times I messed with men, they did all that shit. I just laid there listening and saying, "Just make sure that thing is on GOOD AND TIGHT."

dive said...

They don't just look like that, Maria, they feel like it, too.
Find yourself a banana flower and give it a good squeeze.
The word "palpate" springs to mind.

And Ming was great two weeks out of four; the other two weeks were like living in a war zone.

It's been so long since I've had to put a condom on I'd probably use it as a hat.

Shan said...

Boy, bananas are interesting in their natural state. And sixteen years! Yikes Dive. No wonder you are still gunshy about meeting new ladyfolk. I just tried to read about Ming the M. thinking she might be under the header 'Scary bleepin women' but that didn't get me very far past the inbreeding ladies.
Why do other singles seem so carnivorous when one is available. I always hated those awkward and weird encounters. MB always has hilarious advice at the ready though doesn't he? Bahha

Jules said...

Hi Dive - you have been missed!!!!

Well I guess if size counts mine are bigger than yours!!!

If I could upload the freakin' photos unto my blog today I could show you what you can do with those. But seeing the bloody blogger seems to be having problems than you will have to wait ........

MmeBenaut said...

When I was at school, we didn't have sex ed either. The girls had never heard of condoms so they fell pregnant instead.
I've never seen a banana flower up close but you do make them look rather, er, sensual Dive. "Palpate". I rather like that word. Nice hat too.
As for Ming - they could fix her up these days with a hormonal balancing drug of some description. But then the tax department would have lost a warrior.

dive said...

Shan: Monsieur Benaut is a fount of useful and peculiarly Australian advice. I trust his views implicitly.

As for Ming; I don't tend to write about that stuff but there's a fair bit hidden away here and there.

Jules: Yours certainly are bigger. And tastier, too, bty the look of your wonderful recipe.
I'm going to have to try that as soon as I can afford to move back to a hot country again.
Damn!

Mme: I often thought of taking Ming to the vet for a shot that would solve all of my problems.
Perhaps I should have done. The country's tax burden would be considerably easier to bear.

Joy said...

Hmmm... our banana flowers look slightly different from that and not as er sensual. More wholesome actually.