

I didn't have a wide angle lens with me this morning, so you'll have to figure it out for yourselves.
By the way, the man walking across the playground has the best name in the world; he is the improbably magnificent Dick Goodenough (I kid you not). What better name could you give a guy in charge of a girls' high school?
Hey ho.
18 comments:
but don't you think that male teachers ALWAYS have weird names? Why is that. Mr. Bottomley, Mr. Tett, Mr. Smallpiece, Mr. John Thomas - i kid you not - Mr. Wayward, these but a few to spring to mind!
Your work is just stunning, Dive. Really. Marvellous. They must be thrilled.
Ah, I do love a good smarm. Thank you, Lynn, you are too kind.
Very very cool! No inside pictures?
That's a real name? It's not good enough!
Beautiful building, though. That's more than good enough.
Thank you, Sassy.
And Robyn; yes I have lots of internal shots but I can't be bothered to post them. I'll wait for the official opening night when there are lots of people milling about.
Hey Dive; ! - my 'smarm, smarm,' has disappeared!! HOW sO? Curious or what.
he he my smarming was on the post before. God i thought i'd had one glass of wine too many!
You have my permission to have one glass of wine too many, Lynn.
In fact I insist on it.
Cheers!
Can't wait for the interior shots, dive. It looks fantastic.
Thanks, Groover. There's a couple of half built ones on the "early guff" links.
Yep teachers are chosen not for their caring empathetic approach to students but because of their last names. Hence I was taught by a mrs dickman and a mr cox in the same year.
God, I want you to come remodel my house SO BAD.
I live in Marcia Bradyville. Seriously. My house looks like Alice is going to come down the stairs any second and put a tuna casserole in the over.
I love it!!
I've got an uncle who's a Mr Goodhead. Which is even worse than Dick Goodenough ...
Hokay, so I'm the world's biggest dork this morning.
Sorry, Maria; you have to remember we have very few common reference points and I've neer seen the Brady Bunch.
I actually looked up Marcia Bradyville, Nebraska on Googlemap and it took a couple of minutes for my brain to engage.
Dork, dork, dork …
Hey ho …
Great work Dive. The schoolgirls should be very happy and my neurosurgeon's name was Mrs. Deadman!! Naturally she used her maiden name on the brass plate which was a very innocuous, Irish name: "Molloy".
Mme Benaut
Excellent names all round, guys.
One of my all time favourites - a Norwich solicitors - has now changed to something innocuous, but used to have a lovely brass nameplate outside reading "The Late Pollard And Crotch".
We had a Congressman here and his name is (I swear) Dick Sweat!
EW!
hehehehehehehehehehe
Thank you for that, Prudence.
Post a Comment