Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Internet Pisser

So, where have I been since last Wednesday?

Well there was this tornado, see; and it picked the whole house up and blew it into some weird Technicolor
TM country and when it landed there was this pointy-nosed bint squashed underneath it and she was wearing these rather divine red shoes which were just my size, so naturally I nicked them and then all these vertically challenged people kept dancing round and singing, and somehow I had a basket with a small, yappy-type dog in it who was named after the Japanese word for tampon (とと) …

Rather more prosaically I have been at home for a long weekend and totally unable to get a connection good enough to even load a blog page.

Fuck.

And I'm back in London for one day only, so I'll be out of touch again until next Monday.
Ah, the downside of living somewhere beautiful but isolated. Crap internet connection, no mobile phone signal (which pleases me greatly as I don't have one and it means anybody popping in to see me has to talk to me instead of rudely yapping into their hand while I sit there twiddling my thumbs) and no satellite TV signal (which is great because I don't have satellite and don't watch telly anyway).
The internet is a pisser though.

So that's where I've been and that's where I'll be until Monday.
I might even write something worth reading then.
But not today.

14 comments:

Scout said...

Ew. Is that true about Todo?

We've missed you, Dive.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Know the feeling. A site i need today is down and i can't access the info. Grr!

dive said...

"Toto" Japanese for tampon. I'm afraid that's true, Robyn. It probably explains a lot more about the band than the dog.
I've missed you too. I need my fix of the cute girl with the ball.

Grr indeed, Lynn. It's good to be back, even for a day.

Sassy Sundry said...

Miss you dearly, and will never be able to think of Toto the same way again.

Hurry back.

dive said...

The dog or the band?

Maria said...

Ah...I've missed you. But, not that yappy little dog of yours.

dive said...

Hee hee. I sold the little bugger off to a medical research company. I hate small, yappy-type dogs.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, you blogged and changed my link monniker. : )

Vic said...

I'll post a welcome back guitar pic for you on Monday, dive. I promise.

peahen said...

Good to see you're still with us - miss you and your posts.

dive said...

It's good to be missed, but I'd still like a reliable internet connection.

M.Benaut said...

You're bloody lucky you're not over-run with bloody swans, mate.
Enjoy your pieces of peace or get over to Oz. We have real electricity, here; sometimes.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Thanks for checking in with us dive. we always want to know your whereabouts.

Fresh Hell said...

Good to see you rear your darling head.

I never had any great love for Toto the dog nor Toto the band. However toto the tampon has gotten me out of more than one bind in my life.

Looking forward to hearing more of the technologically incognito life of Dive.